Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also twigged.... it's three derbies unbeaten since taking the knee became a thing. Let's make it nine like we did in Dunc's day.

Oh and that reaction at the end. Defo not not a coincidence that we never lost a derby in his first spell.

Also, I'm watching MOTD and still reacting to Liverpool's near misses :D
Taking the Knee meant something completely different in Duncs ay though lol

really struggling with my emotions tonight. First time in 21 years we've won at Anfield and I'm sitting alone drinking far to many cans when I should be with other like minded souls. Also the first time we have beaten the Devil's team since my wife passed away. Remember when we used to beat them regularly ( it did happen) and I stumbled home and Jackie would open the door for me with a big smile and open arms , plus a great big smile."The match finished 15 hours ago!! Love you Jackie x Love you Everton x

It was games

Unbeaten from the start of the season, which was I think 22 or something at the time. It was held by Leeds United whose striker during that run was ..... Alan Clarke.
Yes mate , its
It was games

Unbeaten from the start of the season, which was I think 22 or something at the time. It was held by Leeds United whose striker during that run was ..... Alan Clarke.
yeah , I was too young for 70’s and seen Allan Clarke on tv clips but Wayne seemed cut from the same cloth as a natural goalscorer and penalty box striker?

Yes I am, especially after this result. I just don't like seeing people criticised for having a different opinion. I am genuinely delighted that James and Carlo have attracted new fans to the club.
Great, it's just the way it was worded it sounded a little downbeat, I apologise for making that assumption. There is also nothing wrong with wanting better for our club and I respect that but I also think let's just bask in the warm blue sea of victory!

Good shout from someone on The Guardian.

apgbud
4h ago

Weird sort of game. Liverpool came out, made a few poor challenges, and Henderson got injured. Then Mane and Salah started diving in and around the box, and the referee awarded Everton a penalty. It was like that old Red Dwarf episode where all the consequences of someone's crimes rebounded onto them.
Need to rewatch red dwarf what a show

Great, it's just the way it was worded it sounded a little downbeat, I apologise for making that assumption. There is also nothing wrong with wanting better for our club and I respect that but I also think let's just bask in the warm blue sea of victory!
That's fine Kris, I am a bit argumentative at times - most of the time if I'm honest. I'm with you and @Up the Toffees, let's enjoy the present.

Yes mate , its

yeah , I was too young for 70’s and seen Allan Clarke on tv clips but Wayne seemed cut from the same cloth as a natural goalscorer and penalty box striker?
Yes he was a poacher. Didn't score enough though, not in the same class as his brother. He'll stay in Everton folklore for that goal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.