Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose the risk with a hamstring injury is if it's slightly off then you're out for weeks.

Doing an hour compared to 20 mins or whatever could be just too much.

I don't know, I'm done with this fixture and it's the other games that we've thrown away this season that have cost us more than whatever happens - or doesn't happen - today will.

If his hamstring is still bothering him then he shouldn't be playing.

It makes the mind boggle, it really does. Does Carlo think we have some excellent record in turning defeats into victory? Because that's what his team selection is saying. Do Liverpool have a record of turning victories into defeat? Can't believe he hasn't had the balls, unlike Potter and Dyche, to try and beat them.

He publicly said both DCL and Allan are fit to start, so he's choosing not to play them. Who on earth is James supposed to pass the ball to? Richarlison when he's got 4 players around him? Utterly hopeless team selection.

This is what I can see him saying.

Before the game:

Our plan is to contain them which is why we didn't start DCL. Allan is fit but he hasn't played yet since his injury.

After the game once we've been smashed, again:

The players' legs are tired following the last two games. Liverpool had more energy. Unfortunately DCL and Allan weren't able to help us turn the game around after they came on.

If you're Klopp you tell the divers to run at him all day as if you dont glide past him he gives cynical fouls away in and around our box.

No point resting Allan & DCL when we could be 2 down before he inevitably makes his 70th minute subs.

Would have made sense starting both and bringing both off around 60 minutes and see the game out with the likes of Gomes & King when the pace of the game has died down.
To be fair I dont think there is any way that DCL or Allan are being 'rested', they cannot be fit enough to start.

Agree a fairly uninspiring team, but if he started any player who it became clear wasn't fit the manager would be slated for that. Would have liked to have seen King in DCL absence but at least James looks to be no.10 without siggurdson.

Christmas tree it is then.

97EF98FD-5FF1-482E-BEA2-BE5F83179DAD.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.