Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ffs Football Focus fawning all over them..
Interview with Mane and then Dublin giving the old we’re getting back to a great club under Carlo.
End of comment about Everton. 30 seconds.:rant:
The BBC must be using an industrial dredging net to scoop up these mumbling pundits spouting the first thing that comes into their inarticulate heads. Carlton Cole referring to it as a grudge match. The grudge is all theirs and as such should be labelled so, instead of giving carte blanche for them to make retribution acceptable. I can imagine the Suarez t shirt producers raring to go to press to exonerate whichever of their thugs cripples one of ours. Thats if he is red carded...and not let off by the special dispensation VAR referee.

Anyone remember this

Just another example of an official either on their paylist or one that has been told to hold rank. He couldn't blow quick enough. I wonder how VAR would get involved there. In fact, it would no doubt come to the conclusion that there was an invisible foul and goal disallowed.

That one, the Graham Poll / Hutchison incident (worst of the lot for me, just so blatant from that arrogant bell end), Suarez's cheating for Rodwell's red card, the Kuyt kung-fu kick not even booked, Gerrard referreeing the derby to get Hibbert sent off. Just a couple off the top of my head. Even Virgin should have been on a booking and a warning before he lost his leg in October!

For us, we've had nothing that they could possibly complain about.

I'm sure another couple will be added to their list today - guessing Salah will jump on the floor for the 12th time this season for a penalty, and I'm going for a Gomes red within an hour if he starts, if not then Godfrey.

No doubt in my mind whatsoever that the referee has been briefed about how "hard done" they were in the first game and that any 50/50 decisions should go in their favour, that they should be allowed to "set the tone" early doors before he clamps down when we put a few challenges in ourselves, etc.

Last edited:
I just want two things today and I don't think they are too much to ask...

1. Turn up. Simply turn up and show you want to win the game. There is no crowd so there is no excuse.

2. Act the uber snides. This is something I would not usually want us to do but the whole narrative of this game as that lot getting revenge for "ruining their season". Every slightly forceful tackle go down, scream, do anything to get them off their game. Again with no crowd this is easier to do than usual.

Lets do this.

Not looking forward to this at all.

When it comes derby games, I’ll start to have belief in our players when the day comes that they start showing belief in themselves.

Most derbys have gone this way. 6 or 7 really meaty challenges on our players from Liverpool, followed by one of our players, around 15 minutes, winning the ball in their first challenge , a foul and a booking given immediately putting them in a dodgy position for the next 75 mins ( young Tom?)
In the likely event we wrongly get a man sent off in the first half ,the ref reviews this at half time, and so as to make amends, will send off one of their forwards on or around 92 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.