Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur.- FA Cup 5th Rd.- Wednesday - 8.15pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had Matt Jackson and somebody else commentating on mine, it wasn’t too bad TBH they questioned the defensive tactics employed by Gylfi but more the actual tactic than him. Davies and Doucoure were brilliant tonight, but you can’t look past 3 assists and a goal for MOM

There aren't any goalposts.

Every player in the team needs to know how to defend a corner. It's a basic of football.

Apparently if we conceded from a corner under Moyes, that is what they spend the entirety of the following Monday working on. The dour scot had his faults, but JEE SUS, how many times are we to see NOBODY on the back post to defend against what are usually not absolutely A-list crosses.

Doing it three times vs shoitey Millwall under Silva should have been a sacking offence on its own.

Oh no some bloke who I've Never heard of doesn't like my post how ever will I carry on with my life lol
...well, for starters, get yourself over to the Fit Birds thread...I can think of no better place for a bloke who's just been put on ignore, to re-find his 'equilibrium' . There's a bevy of beauties in there who would give their left silicone implant to date a bloke like you!!

Im very drunk
Hard to say who was MOM but I can tell you who it wasn’t... Michael Keane. Kept tripping on the ball, think he called DCL for the first goal?

Pundits banging on about mistakes from Spurs cost them but there were plenty for us as well, Mina not sorting his legs out, miscommunication first goal, awful marking from Sigs...

But let them ignore us ffs, we don’t care

One thing for certain is this Everton team has a real desire to win. In amongst our discipline and hard work we catch teams out, manage games, force mistakes, and play good attacking passing footy. We scored 5 super goals tonight against a top 4 team.

Toss up between Davies and Doucoure for me but the Duke was everywhere, seemed to actually get fitter the longer the game went on.

Get in there
None of the defense covered themselves in glory even Godfrey whom I voted mom (for exploits other than defensive). Keane has been amazing in games prior and I for one am glad he plays for us.

Its almost one of those freak games where tactics went out the window. I think you can draw a line under most of it and there was a lot of really good things we did tonight.

The set plays is the one thing we do need to fix. Dont know what happened tonight
What are you on about? This is Carlo's Everton. Deal with it.

What are you on about? This is Carlo's Everton. Deal with it.

I'm very happy this morning haha

That's a game we usually lose 5-4 after a good effort. Cup football is about getting through and we won a game even with a lot of adversity. That's a very good sign.

I just hope we defend corners better in the next few weeks!

I'm very happy this morning haha

That's a game we usually lose 5-4 after a good effort. Cup football is about getting through and we won a game even with a lot of adversity. That's a very good sign.

I just hope we defend corners better in the next few weeks!
Its five pm where I'm at. I've had (having) a few as we speak celebrating our win (been teetotal up to this point this year, that's how happy I am). The defense did not cover themselves with glory and you're really right, we always and I mean always lose this. Long may king Carlo reign.

Status
Not open for further replies.