2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

A MOTM performance from him tonight for PNE in the 0-0 draw against QPR. He was particularly effective on the ball in the first half , creating chances for himself and others, picking up the ball, running at defenders, shooting and crossing well. He’ll be disappointed he didn’t score as it’s his 20 th birthday today. A very good interview from him post match onSky, came over as very mature, knowing what he wants to get out of this loan , I’m sure there’ll be highlights of his bits coming out later.

He said that Alex Neil is giving him freedom to express himself and roam a bit , he played mainly on the left of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 formation . The only thing I’d say is although he had a decent workrate going forward he was rarely tracking back to help his full back. Maybe he was told not to , to stay up but by comparison to Richarlison his workrate in defence was light, and Carlo will expect more from him in that respect. But a really decent game from him in only his second start. Happy Birthday lad!

A MOTM performance from him tonight for PNE in the 0-0 draw against QPR. He was particularly effective on the ball in the first half , creating chances for himself and others, picking up the ball, running at defenders, shooting and crossing well. He’ll be disappointed he didn’t score as it’s his 20 th birthday today. A very good interview from him post match onSky, came over as very mature, knowing what he wants to get out of this loan , I’m sure there’ll be highlights of his bits coming out later.

He said that Alex Neil is giving him freedom to express himself and roam a bit , he played mainly on the left of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 formation . The only thing I’d say is although he had a decent workrate going forward he was rarely tracking back to help his full back. Maybe he was told not to , to stay up but by comparison to Richarlison his workrate in defence was light, and Carlo will expect more from him in that respect. But a really decent game from him in only his second start. Happy Birthday lad!
Only caught about 20 minutes of it but it had to be an instruction not to worry about tracking back or he'd have been off at halftime

Only caught about 20 minutes of it but it had to be an instruction not to worry about tracking back or he'd have been off at halftime
Yeah, Alex Neil was full of praise for him later. He talked about his ability and the area he mentioned that he will improve on is his final decision making and finishing off opportunities . He said that this will come as he gets more experience, and just hopes it’s this season with him . So the tracking back was my comment as a comparison with what he will need with us , I wouldn’t want that to detract from his performance tonight.

Hope this loan kicks him on,but I just get the feeling it might be a stretch to far for him trying to nail down any sort of first team place going forward. I feel you're going to have to be something really special to break through from the academy and actually hold down a place in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.