Everton Youth Teams Thread

@BlueBailey Hello mate, do you know what date the Wigan u17s v Everton u17s premier league cup game is, was due to be this week, but looks like not happening, and the comp is actually still on at present, Burnley v man utd has moved from Tuesday [yesterday] to Tuesday next week-so thinking ours may be same, we need to win by what man utd may do in their game to be certain to go through
Sorry only just seen your message as I have been away for a few weeks. The game was earlier this week and they won 2-1.

The other guy I missed was Rafael Garcia who we signed from Fulham as a 16 year old. He suffered an ACL injury about 18 months ago , recovered but hasnt been seen lately. Highly promising but it seems still suffering from injuries.

In respect of the Academy ban ending nothing much has changed this season in terms of impact now. We were always able to sign up “foreign “ players for the Academy and UK players on a pro contract at 17 e.g. Jarrad Branthwaite. It is likely we missed out on players we may have signed in the 14. -16 age groups but we have signed a number of players at u18 from outside the UK - GK Zan-Luk Leban, Seb Kristensena CB , Sean McAllister midfield. It’s unlikely any signings missed because of the ban would be U23s ready now, but don’t know.

Im surprised we haven’t targeted the striker and right back positions to bring people in at U23s level , but maybe the opportunities haven’t been there . Can’t complain too much as last year we brought in two 17 year olds , Branthwaite, Jagne and a 19 year old Nkounkou and so far two have played for the first team. Two per year stepping up is something I’d settle on every year whatever their origin.

Is Jagne now a fixture in the u23s side?

Very positive to see Branthwaite and Nkounkou look the part in the first team and hopefully more to come.

As you say, it does seem odd that a RB hasnt been targeted as that will be a clear pathway to the first team squad you'd think.

Also i remember we signed Scott Spencer years ago and the idea i think was that him playing would bring on our other players more than big things being expected of him -- though there was a £250k fee to Oldham i think?

Its a pity we havent managed to 'clear the decks' in the first team and the u23s and bring in more new players to freshen things up.

Id be a little surprised if we didnt add to the u23s this window as it seems like the ideal time to bring lower league players in on perhaps lower fees.

Sorry only just seen your message as I have been away for a few weeks. The game was earlier this week and they won 2-1.
Yep, i found it when Boris said when we had played, was not even sure if comp was still on, but found out Via Charlie Whitaker that he had scored both, we just need man utd to not win by 3 goals Tuesday night to go through now as Group winners, otherwise i dont think we are the 2nd best placed team from the 7 groups

5th placed Everton u18s face the tough task of Facing 3rd placed Man city u18s with 11am ko tomorrow at Finch Farm - City have won 7 and drew 3 games so far, one of them last week and one of them to Everton in the 2nd game of the season, Everton will be hoping they dont lose a 3rd home game in a row, and Man city 1-1 a year ago at finch farm is the only draw in the league since october 2018
-------------------------------------
Meanwhile as said last week, Everton u23s are Live on Leicester website Monday 7pm ko-free sign up needed or use last years details if you have them, Leicester are comming off a 4-2 home win v Man Utd

Has Thierry Smalls trained at all with the first team?
Yeah he has been. Not sure how often though.

Thierry Small, a 16-year-old left-back, has been training with Everton’s senior squad following an ankle injury to Lucas Digne. “Thierry did well,” Ancelotti said. “He is really, really young. He is like a kid, he is only 16 years old, but he has quality and physicality to play with the first team. He is one of our best players in the academy, so I was pleased to bring him to train with us. I think for what he is doing it was good for him, too.”

1611600517198.png

Haven't heard of Butterfield before, any info ?
Everton academy midfielder, Luke Butterfield, has signed a 3-year professional deal with the Blues that runs until the end of June 2023.

The 17-year-old joined the club at Under-12 level from Blackburn Rovers and has impressed throughout his time at Everton's Academy., not 18 till september, Born in Yorkshire, Butterfield has been capped by Scotland at Under-16 level. much much more thats just a taste

@blueloon will no doubt have much more Info ;)