2020/21 Tyler Onyango

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the u18s he was a box to box player that seemed to get a few goals, if he can eventually bring that to the first team then we have done very well.

A long long way to go and he needs to be doing that at u23s first. Seems a good athlete and his height helps, so he has every chance if he wants it.

268F4FB6-A5DD-4B3C-8523-42A1E81AE347.jpeg

Really happy to see that both of these lads look like they get around the pitch quickly, really have been quite dismayed at the amount of young kids who come through at Everton who seem to have that really relaxed almost ponderous way about them, while young players across the park seem really quick and aggressive. Hopefully that is the change Carlo is demanding from the players coming through, if you want to stroll round the pitch doing the odd trick then it wont be here.

Played 5 minutes against Sheffield Wednesday 3-0 up and were raving on saying he looked good etc lol I’m all for giving youth a chance but let’s not not get carried away on a 5 minute cameo. Flip side proud moment for the lad and his family hopefully he can keep doing well in the youth side

Played 5 minutes against Sheffield Wednesday 3-0 up and were raving on saying he looked good etc lol I’m all for giving youth a chance but let’s not not get carried away on a 5 minute cameo. Flip side proud moment for the lad and his family hopefully he can keep doing well in the youth side
He’s going to be in every zat fantasy formation for the next 3 years

Thought he was the brighter of the two new faces but he has been on the radar for a while so great to see him play just gutted for him it wasn't a packed out Goodison

....his size and athleticism have quickly thrust him through the ranks, I have no doubt about that. When asked after the match about what Onyango and Small have, the first thing Ferguson said was “the athleticism to play at this level’.

I watched Onyango in a recent U23 game and he wasn’t great when in possession but that will improve playing and training with seasoned internationals who’s basic remit is to take care of the football. Onyango has all the physical equipment, it’s now up to him to work incredibly hard to improve his quality.

I think he's been training with the senior squad for a while. Have certainly seen him involved in a few pictures of training sessions over the last few months.

I think he's been training with the senior squad for a while. Have certainly seen him involved in a few pictures of training sessions over the last few months.

...he has, Matey. Imagine being 17 and training with the likes of Rodriguez, Digne & Allen every day. incredible, somebody suggests sending him to Fleetwood.

Last edited:
...I really don’t get the obsession of some posters who want to send our best young talent on loan. Going on loan isn’t La La Land, it very rarely works. He’ll be away from Ancelotti and coaches who are managing his development with care. He’ll be away from international quality team mates who he can train with and learn from every day.

There‘s probably more chance that sending this kid on loan will ruin him. Sorry, but I think it’s such a ridiculous idea. Fleetwood!!

Loans often don't work for a lot of young players in terms of developing them for their parent club because they're simply not good enough. And likewise there are a lot of players who acknowledge the benefits and improvements that a loan spell has given them and helped their progress at their parent club.

The notion that a club outside the PL will actively ruin a player is a tad misguided as well. There are a lot of very good facilities outside the PL and well regarded coaches spread throughout the game who are all looking to impress and further their own careers. No benefits to ruining a young talent.

I'd agree there is no rush to send out a 17 year old on loan but if a player starts approaching 20 and has yet to show they're clearly capable of bridging that gap then a loan is often required, if only for the shop window effect, otherwise it clogs up the u23/u18 squads and having too many players around is detrimental to the quality of training.

Status
Not open for further replies.