Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Odd he’s not really getting looks there then. I mean, I know real is stacked, but they’re not exactly running away with things this year. Cursory search and it seems he’s only featured 7 times so far this season.

He was great at Sociedad over the last two seasons. Key part in them getting to the Copa final and he ran the show in the semi-final against Madrid.

Hasn't featured a lot for Madrid this year.

Lossl, Kenny, Tosun, Bernard, Besic. Bolasie, Baningime, Broadhead out and King, Zirkzee, a new right back, Olssen on a permanent deal or any other new player.............wonder what actually will have happened by Feb 1st midnight. Come on Brands FFS

The only rumour I have seen is for the Bayern lad "Z", quoting a loan with agreement to buy at end of season for 10 mill Euros.
I'd be happy with that. Get him in, loan Tosun out, make a net saving on wages?

He only has to be better than Tosun for the remainder of this season. The choice about signing him on the option would hinge upon whether, at the end of the season, he is seen to be a valid alternative to Kean returning AND there is concrete interest from other clubs regarding signing Kean.

Probably one more for summer but clips of that lad from Reading, Michael Olise have been floating around the tinterweb recently and he looks electric. £8 mil release clause. The championship has been rich with talent in recent years and they look more and more capable of stepping up immediately. Maddison, Eze, Justin etc.
Regarding Michael Olise, I'd be tempted to make Reading an offer: We pay the release clause now and he becomes our player. We then immediately loan him back to Reading until May, with them paying his wage for the rest of this season. (We'd have to get his agent to agree to a clause whereby his "new" wage would only come into effect in June for this to work.)

I'd make the same offer to Norwich re Max Aarons.

Both players get to finish the job the have started with their current clubs, and then join us for a full preseason in the summer.

Having said that, if we were able to shift a couple of big earners who are contributing nothing (Delph, Bernard, Besic, Bolasie for instance) then I'd bring Olise in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.