Media Bias and its effect if any on Overall Outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought this was funny:

"Four or five teams could win this whole thing"

*proceeds to show the top 6(us included) and gives his opinion on everyone but us lol*

Carragher dismissed us tonight in the Arsenal Newcastle coverage too.

In his esteemed view, Arsenal are returning to their rightful place in the table and will despatch clubs the like of Newcastle, West Ham and Everton on their path to this apparent destiny. Apparently that’s our swimlane. Know your place.

Carragher dismissed us tonight in the Arsenal Newcastle coverage too.

In his esteemed view, Arsenal are returning to their rightful place in the table and will despatch clubs the like of Newcastle, West Ham and Everton on their path to this apparent destiny. Apparently that’s our swimlane. Know your place.

Let the pundits talk while we do the business on the pitch ... ;)

SSN did it earlier too... Focused on how tight the Top 5 were. No mention of the fact we can go level on points with 2nd with a win in the game in hand.

If Chelsea or Arsenal were 6th in the same position, you can guarantee it would be 'How close are the Big 6?'

I know it's likely we'll revert to 'Everton' style performances and results soon, but I really hope we can hang around a bit longer to put a spanner in Sky's agenda...

Don’t worry fellow blues the refs and premier league will make sure we will be down the table come what may. Where’s there is money there’s corruption and this lot is full of it IMO.

The media in this country is a joke
Sky is the worst media outlet on the planet with their idiot pundits. They make me sick every single one of them. Carragher is a total weapon. How the hell is still in a job after gobbing on a child? Sky is a company without an once of class and the pundits back this up

My take on it is this.

The brand is based on the 6. The media promote the brand.

Thats all it is nothing more.

If we had been in the 6 when they marketed the brand we'd always be in the discussion. The premier league is a business who major asset is selling matches to foreign markets. They market the 6 teams that have been relatively successful in the last few years. Either winning something or CL qualification seem to be the bar. If you go back to pre premier league when we were in the big 5 it was because we were winning trophies.

Carragher and co wont see us as serious contenders untill we satisfy one of their parameters.

Last time we won something is 95.
Only time we qualified for CL 05.

If we're expecting the media to include us in their agenda we need to look again, they barely include Leicester and they won the league in 15.

SSN did it earlier too... Focused on how tight the Top 5 were. No mention of the fact we can go level on points with 2nd with a win in the game in hand.

If Chelsea or Arsenal were 6th in the same position, you can guarantee it would be 'How close are the Big 6?'

I know it's likely we'll revert to 'Everton' style performances and results soon, but I really hope we can hang around a bit longer to put a spanner in Sky's agenda...
To be honest i don't mind the media ignoring us, it takes the pressure off the players and that comes with better performances. The minute the media talk about us, playing us up, is the minute we will lose form.

The PL as a global product ostensibly revolves around 6 teams...the SKY6. The pundits employed by SKY are paid to promote those 6 names...why people are surprised by this surprises me. And conspiracy alert incoming:...there is NO way officialdom will not be biased toward those teams...it's a bent game ...with so much money involved, that should surprise nobody.

I think a lot of people are getting wound up over nothing.

Every team they regularly mention has been up there consistently for at least a few years.

We have not been.

I doubt there's some big agenda against us.

Besides, we always fall to pieces whenever there's any expectation put upon the players, so it's not a bad thing if we're not mentioned.

Every team they regularly mention has been up there consistently for at least a few years.
We have not been.
Besides, we always fall to pieces whenever there's any expectation put upon the players, so it's not a bad thing if we're not mentioned.
+100

We have not been.

I don't believe there is a coordinated agenda aginst the club, but I still get wound up by the dismissive attitude of pundits andsports editors. If a club like Burnley or Newcastle found themselves in our current position, do you think they would be routinely ignored or acknowledged for doing well? I binned Sky many years ago, but my current gripe is with the BBC local news, who always talk up the RS, Utd and City but are more likely to feature our opponents when referring to our games The latest snub was given to our Womens team, with the Manchester teams results deemed worthy of reports with no mention at all of Everton. I feel entitled to my frustration.

The PL as a global product ostensibly revolves around 6 teams...the SKY6. The pundits employed by SKY are paid to promote those 6 names...why people are surprised by this surprises me. And conspiracy alert incoming:...there is NO way officialdom will not be biased toward those teams...it's a bent game ...with so much money involved, that should surprise nobody.
Good post.
However, I don't think it is 6 teams they are interested in but 4 teams:
Liverpool
United
Chelsea
Arsenal.
Any other team is nothing more than an inconvenience to them hence ignored, rubbished or ridiculed.
That is the SKY script that all presenters and so called pundits are told to follow. If they don't they simply
do not get invited back.

Good post.
However, I don't think it is 6 teams they are interested in but 4 teams:
Liverpool
United
Chelsea
Arsenal.
Any other team is nothing more than an inconvenience to them hence ignored, rubbished or ridiculed.
That is the SKY script that all presenters and so called pundits are told to follow. If they don't they simply
do not get invited back.
People are also mentioning Leicester, as they've won the league recently and were in the top 4 for nearly all of last season. We are a work in progress so I'm not surprised we're being ignored. If Villa win their games in hand, 1 of which is home to us, so not that unlikely, they would be above us and the rs, but nobody is talking about them winning the league, and a neutral would probably say they've been better than us this season. We just need to keep quietly doing what we can and see where it leads us, hopefully into Europe.

People are also mentioning Leicester, as they've won the league recently and were in the top 4 for nearly all of last season. We are a work in progress so I'm not surprised we're being ignored. If Villa win their games in hand, 1 of which is home to us, so not that unlikely, they would be above us and the rs, but nobody is talking about them winning the league, and a neutral would probably say they've been better than us this season. We just need to keep quietly doing what we can and see where it leads us, hopefully into Europe.
Villa play City tonight, As is Leicester vs Chelsea, 2 interesting games that’s for sure, if Chelsea win we go to 7th and Sky will be happy to show a top 6 again

Status
Not open for further replies.