New Everton Stadium Discussion

The concourses at BMD have already been designed to be bigger than required for 53K seated fans, so as to allow for many more when/if rail seating is given the go ahead. In an ideal situation, for Covid, your capacity is driven by available seats, not by ability to move safely though concourse areas. Also, pedestrian modelling shows that it helps massively to have a number of check points to ease and maintain flow of people into stadiums, these cannot be implemented safely around Goodison due to the nature of the surrounding streets, but can be on the 'fan park' of BMD.

We need to also bear in mind that any build is going to take a coupe of years, by which time everything will be much clearer. If everything is back to 'normal' then we've not wasted any time, if everything isn't back to normal, then we still have a much better stadium in which to enact Covid regulations.
And the revenue generated on match day would just add to the 500million the club is already out of pocket

And the revenue generated on match day would just add to the 500million the club is already out of pocket

Depends what you consider 'out of pocket?' They cant sell Naming rights or space within the stadium without a stadium to sell it on. Also, its highly unlikely that Everton will be spending a huge amount on the actual stadium, they'll be getting the majority of the money from investments and other revenues.

That's the exact thing we have in our favour!

Recession means stimulate, stimulate means approval. No chance in hell this is not given approval, it'd be political suicide at a local and national level.

Take your negativity back to the Carlo thread.
Where did I say it won’t be given approval? It will be but that doesn’t mean to say we won’t kick it into the long grass until the fog lifts on the pandemic and we see where football is.

Recession means stimulate, stimulate means approval. No chance in hell this is not given approval, it'd be political suicide at a local and national level.

I admire your optimism citizen.

When the building starts, I will come back on and admit I was wrong.

Political Suicide? What votes exactly do you expect Boris' tories to win (or lose for that matter) on Merseyside as a result of BMD?

All that levelling up stuff that he has sold to the Northern Brexit voters might suddenly be questioned?

Boris could build BMD, with his own cash and bare hands & he knows he wont win votes in Liverpool. I fear the city will be outside of his plans for levelling up as per usual. At the end of the day there is nothing in it for them