Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's about having options.

If we have everybody fit there's probably three glaring places in our starting XI that need 'urgent' improvement - RB, GK (albeit Pickford has stepped up lately) and that third midfield spot.

However, we also need a player who can come into the squad and basically allow us to mix things up without any drop off.

For me, the player that allows us to do that even with the other midfielders etc we currently have is a pacy forward.

Gives us another outball, another goal threat. Allows us to play James central if needed but also takes the strain off Dom and Richarlison.

That player would have played 30 games minimum this season, if fit. It really wouldn't have been a case of them being a back up.
Even if it means for now Iwobi starts right wing until the end of the season if he keeps the upturn in form up and we push James Centrally so we don't have to see Gylfi or Gomes as our so called creativity! But RB is my main issue, I'd go and buy Max Aarons tomorrow if we are able and just turf Kenny out the squad

If these £30 - £33m figures are to be believed, there’s more going on in the background than is being let on which with Riaola as his agent wouldn’t surprise me at all. If he was worth £20m - £27m 2 years ago with 12 months left on his contract the figures mooted do seem low.
Bottom line is as Carlo has stated he doesn’t want players here that don’t want to be here so what will be will be.
if he goes we will make a profit, facilitate upwards of £30m for a replacement and free up a no doubt fair chunk of wages.

Last edited:
We paid£30m for him because he had one year left on his deal and told Juve he wouldn't sign a new contract. He's STILL one of the highest rated young strikers in world football.

He didn't perform for us and he doesn't want to be here. If we get more money than we bought him for then we've done ok. We need someone who can help the team right now.

I think people are seeing £ signs here with this one and thinking it will solve all our money/FFP issues.

As with anything, he is only worth what people are willing to spend so time will tell but from what he displayed for us, you’d have to think there are a lot of other options PSG could go for that would score goals for fun in that team. We need to make sure we don’t price Kean out of a move from greed as if we get a profit on him then we can move on and try and make the most of the current crazy season

If these £30 - £33m figures are to be believed, there’s more going on in the background than is being let on which with Riaola as his agent wouldn’t surprise me at all. If he was worth £20m - £27m 2 years ago with 12 months left on his contract the figures mooted do seem low.
Bottom line is as Carlo has stated he doesn’t want players here that don’t want to be here so what will be will be.
if he goes we will make a profit, facilitate upwards of £30m for a replacement and free up a no doubt fair chunk of wages.
Raiola isn’t going to burn bridges with PSG considering there’s more deals he can make with them and they‘re richer than everyone else. He’ll want to make money for himself and Moise Kean, but aside from that Everton is probably the party of the three that will lose out if anything.

I think people are seeing £ signs here with this one and thinking it will solve all our money/FFP issues.

As with anything, he is only worth what people are willing to spend so time will tell but from what he displayed for us, you’d have to think there are a lot of other options PSG could go for that would score goals for fun in that team. We need to make sure we don’t price Kean out of a move from greed as if we get a profit on him then we can move on and try and make the most of the current crazy season
Think there’s also an element of once Icardi is fully back and firing, Kean will be very much the understudy.... so despite their wealth how much will they be willing to pay for a second choice striker...

We paid£30m for him because he had one year left on his deal and told Juve he wouldn't sign a new contract. He's STILL one of the highest rated young strikers in world football.
He’s scoring goals in a league that the likes of Kane, Salah et al would hit double figures in within the first 3-4 games. It’s a completely different level to playing Premier League, which is a faster paced league

Anything over 35m is good enough for me, Just because they're loaded doesn't mean they are going to offer silly money.
It's early days anyway he could smash in another 10 goals and the number changes.

I'm fine with selling Kean but £30m-35m shouts are draft. It's the richest club in world football, he's got 3 years left on his contract, he's scoring for fun there, he's, what, 20? We sold A 30 year old Gana to them for £30m 18 months ago ffs
I'd normally agree with you. However I think at the moment you need to take account of the covid factor. Even clubs with the financial backing of PSG (who themselves have been having issues with FFP) are not unaffected and they aren't going to have the same spending power over the next couple of years that they enjoyed previously.

I also look at the bigger picture of Everton FC rather than just Moise Kean's individual situation. There's absolutely no doubt Kean's loan left us one short of quality options for the front 3 positions. Basically there is no quality cover there and, apart from the first 5 games, we have had to try and cope without 1, and very often 2 of our first choice players.

Given the topsy-turvy nature of the Premier this season we are only 4 points off top. Imagine what position we might have been in had we just one more quality player across the front 3 to choose from. And moving on from there, how much more competitive will we be for the rest of this season if we were to bring in another quality front player during this window. Kean adds zero to our ambitions for this season given he isn't even here. If selling him during the window allows us to bring in another top forward player, then surely that makes sense. Even if we sell him for £5m or £10m below optimum value.

Factor in that the lad has made it clear that he doesn't want to be here, that it appears he comes with a fair amount of baggage, and that he has probably the most disruptive agent in world football, it's a no brainer to me. £30/35m will cover our costs and enable us to invest in a player who wants to be here and help us qualify for Champions League. We may not get another opportunity like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.