New Everton Stadium Discussion

Funny how this thread goes quiet when we are winning.

Gets going again when the bedwetting Blues look to complain about everything after a loss.

Said it before, but this thread started in 2014.

It's not about whether we beat West Ham or not, but not one brick in place in 7 years of promises, glossy roadshows, and public consultations.

Why should we be optimistic?

It's not about whether we beat West Ham or not, but not one brick in place in 7 years of promises, glossy roadshows, and public consultations.

Sure we only have plans to build a 53k stadium on a world heritage site I mean why wouldn’t it take just a few weeks ????

Not asking for optimism, but you were quiet on this matter when we won four on the trot. That is all.

But as you ask, I’m optimistic that a hugely successful billionaire accountant will have the capacity to lead the development and find the funding required. The current evidence suggests that all roadblocks have been from things outside of the clubs control (historical societies and a hapless council)

How are we paying for it? (Genuine question - as far as I’m aware we don’t have funding in place?)

Pretty sure someone put on here that there was a new funding stream that had been put in place a month and a half or so ago.

I've not heard anything in relation to it but it might be true. Last I'd heard (about 3/4 months back) there was no funding after asking around for a while. There were some options of naming rights etc that had been on the table but it wasn't enough to pay for the whole thing.

It starts this October 21 finished for 23/24 season.Hotel planning application adjacent was the hold up.
Information from council consultant who was at every stage.
That means it would have to be built in about 20 months accounting for test events etc.

Absolutely no chance that happens, it might be the time scale they’re working to, but no chance.