Transfer Rumour Sami Khedira

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is probably just a loan to tide us over to the end of the season and ensure the likes of Davies and Gomes don't play too many games and cost us too much, but I'm not 100% sure about it.

I'd thought with James in, we couldn't really afford another player walking around for 90 mins. If anything, I thought we probably needed another runner in that third midfield position to compensate for James. Doucoure is the only runner in there really, as Allan's not the quickest and turns like a tugboat.

Maybe the plan would be to only play him in specific games and push Allan and Doucoure on a bit, just having Khedira sitting in front of the back 4, with his ability on the ball allowing us a bit more control over games through possession. Kind of something like Davies did against Sheffield united, just far, far better.

I do think in what was a very mentally weak and fragile squad before Ancelotti arrived (see games such as the cup Derby) if we have something to play for in the closing weeks of the season, having players that have been there and done it and are known and trusted to Ancelotti could be a help in improving the culture at the club into more of a winning one with actual standards in training and games.

The hopefully very unlikely nightmare scenario is he signs and spends 70%+ of the time injured, in which you'd have to admit Ancelotti and the club will look like fools.

What I’d like to happen: he comes in on a loan deal until the summer to sit in front of the defense against the tougher teams and allow Allan and Doucs to push up and press high. We don’t have that type of player currently and can sign a younger player in the summer.

What is more likely to happen: Juve cancels his contract like they did with Matuidi, we give him a new contract on expensive wages for 2.5 years and he ends up getting hurt as frequently as Delph.

Scenario two is a nightmare considering how difficult it’s been to clear the wage bill, so it had better be scenario 1.

What I’d like to happen: he comes in on a loan deal until the summer to sit in front of the defense against the tougher teams and allow Allan and Doucs to push up and press high. We don’t have that type of player currently and can sign a younger player in the summer.

What is more likely to happen: Juve cancels his contract like they did with Matuidi, we give him a new contract on expensive wages for 2.5 years and he ends up getting hurt as frequently as Delph.

Scenario two is a nightmare considering how difficult it’s been to clear the wage bill, so it had better be scenario 1.
Scenario 3 for me, he goes to China

Not a chance he’s getting a 2-and-half year deal off us.
6 or 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.