Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do - they'd have had more key players missing than us.

Lets hope this is tactical by Everton as well - in that if we get a few players testing positive at once we can say the the PL "we were flexible in having the City game postponed so expect the same treatment".

Had we kicked up a fuss it might have backfired on us down the line if we end up with an outbreak.

Heaven knows why your laughing.

We have been denied a chance to go joint top of the league. I felt we could have beaten city without covid but with players missing then great.

Being one of the lucky 2000 might also have something to do with my annoyance.

You people are insane if you think any of these matches are going to be forfeited b/c of COVID.

the Premier League is just like the NFL, way too much money involved. One NFL team had to play a game with out a freaking QB b/c of COVID - games are simply not going to be forfeited.

And we are just hitting the stride of winter right now - if you think this is the only time this is going to affect one of our games this season you're crazy. It'll likely happen to us at some point, and at least one other of our opponents - these postponements will happen more an more frequently as we move on. I'm just amazed it hasn't happened yet

What do you mean YOU PEOPLE???.

They also have many instances where teams and players were acting irresponsibly and caused outbreaks.

The nfl has fined teams and stripped them of draft picks. Teams are also fining players who put the team at risk.
The two worst outbreaks were both punished similarly to people not wearing masks because they determined that the teams didn't do anything abnormally irresponsible. My guess is same thing here.

Heaven knows why your laughing.

We have been denied a chance to go joint top of the league. I felt we could have beaten city without covid but with players missing then great.

Being one of the lucky 2000 might also have something to do with my annoyance.

Stop it you're killing me here.

"And Tosun has won it for Everton, De Bruyne looks crestfallen!"

I'd rather they bend over than put our players at risk

We wouldn't have done, we'd have forced the Premier League to make the call.

Like when a player is injured, you play on til the ref stops the game. The Premier League is the referee here - we haven't been ruthless enough, the game should have been forfeited.

Status
Not open for further replies.