Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.

True but when it coincides with players acting irresponsibly then it’s a problem. Everton seems to be taking it serious. KW obviously isn’t
I don't know that it is true. The NFL has had a couple of outbreaks and they've found maybe a person or two being irresponsible but largely it is just a widespread virus that is really contagious and people training for sports are close together a lot.

You people are insane if you think any of these matches are going to be forfeited b/c of COVID.

the Premier League is just like the NFL, way too much money involved. One NFL team had to play a game with out a freaking QB b/c of COVID - games are simply not going to be forfeited.

And we are just hitting the stride of winter right now - if you think this is the only time this is going to affect one of our games this season you're crazy. It'll likely happen to us at some point, and at least one other of our opponents - these postponements will happen more an more frequently as we move on. I'm just amazed it hasn't happened yet

Yeah but Denver were made to fulfil the fixture even though they had a receiver playing QB

It's fortunate for City because presumably they have enough players to have put a team on the pitch.

Its better for us and probably sensible that the game doesn't go ahead but its not been handled very well. Its 4pm on matchday.

If the latest positives came in this morning my guess is 0 City players aren't at close enough contacts to be available to play today. They might be good by the weekend if they test negative but there isn't enough time to play this match.

Status
Not open for further replies.