Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 points to Everton, surely?
1609172452438.png

You people are insane if you think any of these matches are going to be forfeited b/c of COVID.

the Premier League is just like the NFL, way too much money involved. One NFL team had to play a game with out a freaking QB b/c of COVID - games are simply not going to be forfeited.

And we are just hitting the stride of winter right now - if you think this is the only time this is going to affect one of our games this season you're crazy. It'll likely happen to us at some point, and at least one other of our opponents - these postponements will happen more an more frequently as we move on. I'm just amazed it hasn't happened yet

If they find that happened then yes. But COVID is kind of out there and no irresponsible acts need to be committed for this to happen.

True but when it coincides with players acting irresponsibly then it’s a problem. Everton seems to be taking it serious. KW obviously isn’t

You people are insane if you think any of these matches are going to be forfeited b/c of COVID.

the Premier League is just like the NFL, way too much money involved. One NFL team had to play a game with out a freaking QB b/c of COVID - games are simply not going to be forfeited.

And we are just hitting the stride of winter right now - if you think this is the only time this is going to affect one of our games this season you're crazy. It'll likely happen to us at some point, and at least one other of our opponents - these postponements will happen more an more frequently as we move on. I'm just amazed it hasn't happened yet
Juve claimed a 3-0 for Napoli missing a game.

It was over ruled the other day.

They couldn't play the following week then? On a tuesday or whatever?
No they couldn’t. I think that’s the point. The league wanted it sorted before the next round started about a week or so later. Think there was an issue with orient sorting tests out and Spurs had Europa games. So league just cancelled it as it’s low priority compared with other competitions.

Yeh they made them play so city should have been made to play their youth team if necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.