Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Manchester City statement read: "After the latest round of Covid-19 testing, the club returned a number of positive cases, in addition to the four already reported on Christmas Day.

It appears its not just jesus and walker plus 2 back room staff. A few more look to have covid.

also there should be some form of punishment for city. not for the cancellation but for the irresponsible behaviour of the squad to compromise the bubble
If they find that happened then yes. But COVID is kind of out there and no irresponsible acts need to be committed for this to happen.

When you put it that way yes keeping the winning streak alive sounds good.. and palace just after scoring ... so that's good
I don't think there is any downside to this being postponed, There is no way on earth the league will just hand us 3 points because City are hit by a global virus. I think some people behind the scenes will secretly be happy with this because I think we benefit more than anyone considering we have one of the worst schedules this Christmas.

I really don't understand the logic. This is a virus that is undetectable for several days after infection, and spreads exponentially.

So either football is automatically suspended when any player or member of staff gets COVID, or you have a set threshold for infections before it is if you're not arsed about risk.

You can't just have an arbitrary system where a club at any given time can't be arsed playing.

If this is the precedent, if Calvert-Lewin gets COVID, we should postpone until he's fit again.

Interesting to find out how many more players have tested positive today for City....City played Newcastle a couple of days ago, so is there a risk there now too (they play liverpool on Wednesday)..

This could potentially spiral pretty quickly....what happens if Newcastle report cases, but liverpool refuse to postpone?....

Have the clubs made the decision today, or have the Premier league made the decision?

Everton-manager-Carlo-Ancelotti-looks-at-phone-before-West-Ham-game-e1579606767988.jpg

Bella, Bella.

Magnifico.

Goats 11 to start :

Pickford
Coleman - Mina - Keane - Godders
Doucs
Gomes - Davies
Iwobi - DCL - Bernie​
Gomes? Not that it matters now,but really?
City wanted the postponement, not Everton.

That speaks volumes.
Shouldn't be their call,they have a squad so they should be made to complete the fixture or forfeit the points.

A Manchester City statement read: "After the latest round of Covid-19 testing, the club returned a number of positive cases, in addition to the four already reported on Christmas Day.

It appears its not just jesus and walker plus 2 back room staff. A few more look to have covid.
If it's the new strain of the virus, it could be spreading through their squad / staff like a wildfire.

This season is even more of a write off than last season for me, some clubs are allowed fans, some are not, some players missing with Covid.
This season is more off a mess than last season, another asterisk next to everything

Can‘t believe they only cancel it four hours before kick off, what’s all that about. Hope everyone is ok mind you

Normally would be disappointed but now we in the mix for possible European place I'll take the rest. Recover from injuries and play them when they in a mix of hard matches.

Interesting to find out how many more players have tested positive today for City....City played Newcastle a couple of days ago, so is there a risk there now too (they play liverpool on Wednesday)..

This could potentially spiral pretty quickly....what happens if Newcastle report cases, but liverpool refuse to postpone?....

Have the clubs made the decision today, or have the Premier league made the decision?

They made the decision today.

Mad irresponsible from all involved. Even having congested fixture lists at all is irresponsible - you're having 2-3 day turnaround times with no way whatsoever of being certain multiple squads aren't compromised.

Status
Not open for further replies.