Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
So one game all season?

If the bar is so low that we are lauding Bernard for simply doing a few decent runs and holding the ball up against the side bottom of the table then that shows exactly why we need better options as that should be the minimum we expect from players off the bench.
For once we agree. Bernard didn't really change much he just was more willing to come central than Gordon so he saw more of the ball. We were poor attacking from start to finish.

They’re actually not a European club, so you don’t know everything
They were literally in a EL quarter-final 6 months ago.
My standpoint on this is Wolves won't sell anyone to us because they'll see us as a rival but Wolves are also not a club that is in Europe often enough for us to worry too much about what they do.

I get they just made the quarters but they aren't there now and they won't be back soon. Fulham and Boro have played in European finals this century.

My standpoint on this is Wolves won't sell anyone to us because they'll see us as a rival but Wolves are also not a club that is in Europe often enough for us to worry too much about what they do.

I get they just made the quarters but they aren't there now and they won't be back soon. Fulham and Boro have played in European finals this century.

They’ve been back in the PL 2 seasons. First they qualified for Europe, second they missed out on Europe by goal difference. They’re a European team now, fighting for European places. Sure they’ve lost Jimenez but that’s still the level of that club along with people like us and Leicester.

You don’t have to be worried about them to understand they won’t sell us their best players. They sold Jota to Liverpool because they’re a level above both of us.

They were literally in a EL quarter-final 6 months ago.
That was last season. I’m not saying we could buy him, but its definitely not out of the question imo. I think they’ve been very lucky with injuries. Now have a couple and have a bench full of teenagers.

Play very negative boring football. In something like 90 games in prem since they came up, they haven’t scored in the first half of about 70 of them.

They actually weren’t bad tonight, but probably down to spurs scoring early and trying to defend for 90mins. For all wolves possession they didn’t create much. And I think they will struggle this season and finish bottom half.

That was last season. I’m not saying we could buy him, but its definitely not out of the question imo. I think they’ve been very lucky with injuries. Now have a couple and have a bench full of teenagers.

Play very negative boring football. In something like 90 games in prem since they came up, they haven’t scored in the first half of about 70 of them.

They actually weren’t bad tonight, but probably down to spurs scoring early and trying to defend for 90mins. For all wolves possession they didn’t create much. And I think they will struggle this season and finish bottom half.

If you were Wolves and Everton came knocking for your best players, would you say yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.