Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strongest team available for every meaningful game. One game at a time and all that. Taking 3 points off these could be quite telling at the end of the season for us.
Totally agree, don’t see Carlo putting out a weakened side deliberately. He will play the best 11 he has available.

Crazy to think city have only scored 7 Goals away, but conceeded only 5, with all the talent they have, but have won 3 and drew 3 from the 7 they have played

....not sure if Keane was taken off through injury, but we could be difficult for City to breakdown. We’ll need to ride our luck to get anything, but they do try and walk the ball in & I presume Jesus will be missing. Be a great test for Godfrey if Mahrez is playing.

DCL will be a handful, Sigurdsson might get on a little goal streak. Looking forward to it.

Totally agree, don’t see Carlo putting out a weakened side deliberately. He will play the best 11 he has available.

He already said after the United game that he’d go strong for the Sheffield Utd game and use the city game to rotate, he’s always honest so I see no reason not to believe him. I expect 5 or 6 changes personally

Not gonna lie, I had to google that.
Nice one ;)

Chucked it in because it sums up City in one word.
Remember sitting with the City fans in Maine Road when we beat them 0-2 (Kanchelskis score one IIRC but he was skinning their defence all game :D)They were ok then but getting insufferable now

Reactions: kev
The mad thing is when we look leggy or get loads of injuries fans moan but then they expect the exact same team to play 90 minutes every week even if its 6-7 games in 14 days.

You simply have to rotate when playing 2 games within 48 hours between them. Got to think about the players welfare as well.
Fannies...the 70s and 80s sides just played. Doing this expected loss thing are we? That's for other sides, not us

The amount of people willing to roll over for City is baffling.

They are still a very good side, but they arent the all-conquering side they were, they are below us in the table for a start!

Yes we have had a packed calendar and we need to rotate, but to be honest with our injuries there isn't massive scope for big changes.

We need to keep the momentum, I remember Mosh getting pelters for his "expected loss" comment and there's pages of people here just throwing a game away. The West Ham game has the same amount of points as the City game and the message beating City would send would be HUGE.

So personally I would be putting all our eggs in the City basket, a very fragile basket indeed, but eggs, omelette as Jose would say.
This

Pickford aside, the rest of the starting eleven last night who played the full 96 minutes will be leggy after playing on such a heavy pitch while soaked through. Expect to see a number of changes in that group (Holgate, Godfrey, Mina, Iwobi, Sig, Douc, DCL).
Just no Tosun please.

Status
Not open for further replies.