2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just wasn't clicking, Final ball and simple passes sloppy we got the Southampton version this time.

He was very poor tonight but he’s just been very effective the last few games so I won’t be throwing him back in the bin just yet.
If he is going to play on either wing though he needs crossing practice and loads of it.

Never in the field of human conflict have so many bad players been signed in so short a time. Maybe the owner is too disconnected or ignorant of the game to step in and sack the people responsible for such bad judgement.
Quite.

I mean, let's look at the money that has been committed to these players. He might as well have just taken a 10l gallon can of gasoline, built a double decker bus sized pile of 50 pound notes, and set it ablaze. Would have provided more entertainment than what these players have given us.

Bolasie 27m plus 80k a week for 5 years (21m wages) = 48m

Walcott 20m plus 100k a week for 3 years (16m wages) = 36m

Iwobi 27m plus 80k (being conservative) a week for 5 years - 21m wages) = 48m

Bernard around 120k a week for 4 years (25m wages) =25m

All together a quite staggering 157m British Pounds.

About a quarter of what the entire new stadium will cost, simply wasted on awful football players.

That's not taking into account any of the other many flops who weren't bought to play on the wing.

Crazy.

He was very poor tonight but he’s just been very effective the last few games so I won’t be throwing him back in the bin just yet.
If he is going to play on either wing though he needs crossing practice and loads of it.
Yes he wasn’t great
The bigger issue I have is he’s playing RW and part of his job in 4231 is surely to get close to DCL at times, run past him, get to the back post. Siggurdsson is the same is close to DCL when we are sitting back, but when we break he hasn’t the legs.

Richarlison wasn’t great tonight, but he’s the only one, getting close to DCL at times. And once he went off it was over. We just had no pace at all on the counter. Apart from Godfrey our left back

Status
Not open for further replies.