Match Thread Everton v Man.United Carabao Cup - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Players need to rest and we play again on Boxing Day, resting against Utd is better as then resting against SU, league position is far more important then getting to the semi of the Mickey Mouse cup
If we're not going to try to win this cup then why enter or why bother in the early rounds? It's a trophy that this club has never won and ... it's a trophy... remember them?
We have a squad that is capable of coping with these fixtures and hopefully winning both... I say we try to do it

If we're not going to try to win this cup then why enter or why bother in the early rounds? It's a trophy that this club has never won and ... it's a trophy... remember them?
We have a squad that is capable of coping with these fixtures and hopefully winning both... I say we try to do it
I’d like to win both but given a choice I’d reather have 3 points in the league.
As I feel that this is our best chance in forever to get in the top 4 and CL footy which is worth far more then winning cup

I think we’ll see one or two changes for this game, I still want us to give it everything as this could be a wonderful chance for the club to try a d win some silverware.

I’d like to win both but given a choice I’d reather have 3 points in the league.
As I feel that this is our best chance in forever to get in the top 4 and CL footy which is worth far more then winning cup
CL gets us access to better standard of player. The Sweetshop cup gives the Kopites a laugh.

....I expect Coleman to start but its a big game so he might keep the rest of the back as it is. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Pickford on the bench but this could well go to penalties so Ancelotti will need to consider who is his best shot stopper.

i imagine we’ll set up deep and play like an away team.

CL gets us access to better standard of player. The Sweetshop cup gives the Kopites a laugh.

It stops them singing that we haven’t won a trophy since 1995 at every derby.
How any blue can turn their nose up at a legitimate trophy while we are enduring the longest trophy-less spell in the Club’s illustrious history is beyond me.

Why care what they say?

Take the League cup right now if it was offered. Winning that automatically put us back into europe anyway...

It stops them singing that we haven’t won a trophy since 1995 at every derby.
How any blue can turn their nose up at a legitimate trophy while we are enduring the longest trophy-less spell in the Club’s illustrious history is beyond me.
This. I don't care if it's not a top tier trophy, its a trophy. One we've not won. I think that alone is a crime for a club like ours.

Imagine who Carlo could recruit to Everton with a guarantee of champions league? A trophy would be nice but CL would be a game changer for the club
I think keeping the squad fit and sharp is the best bet. Recruitment can be instrumental, but the buy-in from the current squad is what could lead to success more than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.