Match Thread Everton v Man.United Carabao Cup - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got to go for this, surely? Knocking United out the cup and progressing to the semi would be a HUGE statement to the rest of the league, would be a significant boost to morale and (given United's recent form) is an achievable aim. in addition, the Boxing Day game is Sheffield United, currently rock bottom of the prem; what better opponent could you hope for in the middle of a congested run of fixtures when you have injury problems?

I hope we go full strength against United and play for the win, and then ring the changes for Boxing Day.

Starting 11 v Manchester (23rd)

Olsen
Coleman Mina Keane Godfrey
Doucoure Holgate Gylfi
Iwobi DCL Richarlison

Starting 11 v Sheffield (26th)

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Godfrey Nkounkou
Davies Gomes Bernard
Rodriguez Tosun Gordon

Pickford
Doucoure Holgate
Iwobi James Richarlison
DCL
Their strength is their midfield and attack. Doucoure and Holgate would offer good protection and James would offer us the creativity to get at Maguire and Lindelof.
Same team I’d pick. Rest Doucoure for the next game as we can’t afford to lose him to injury.
carlo did praise Tom so he might start but hope he gives Holgate a go in the DM role.

Man utd will turn into prime '99 treble winners Utd come this match. A win is unlikely.
Strange game this one. United are so much better away from home it might have been better to play this at United. As for the match itself, Solsjaer continues to be under immense pressure following their champions league failure. Barring injuries today (in what will be a physically demanding match against an energetic Leeds side) I can see him picking a strong team for this game.

Gonna call it now, Holgate will not play cm.
It’s strange I think Coleman will start and I doubt highly they will rest Holgate as others have played far more football. The alternative to DM is to play him at centre half possibly at the expense of Mina. However him and Keane are playing their best football together and we look such a threat at set pieces with these two in the side.

We've got to go for this, surely? Knocking United out the cup and progressing to the semi would be a HUGE statement to the rest of the league, would be a significant boost to morale and (given United's recent form) is an achievable aim. in addition, the Boxing Day game is Sheffield United, currently rock bottom of the prem; what better opponent could you hope for in the middle of a congested run of fixtures when you have injury problems?

I hope we go full strength against United and play for the win, and then ring the changes for Boxing Day.

Starting 11 v Manchester (23rd)

Olsen
Doucoure Holgate Gylfi
Iwobi DCL Richarlison

Starting 11 v Sheffield (26th)

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Godfrey Nkounkou
Davies Gomes Bernard
Rodriguez Tosun Gordon
If Tosun ever starts for us I’ll lose all respect for Carlo. I’m assuming his cameos are a thinly veiled dig at brands to sign a back-up

tenor.gif

Its retro art that line up mate lol

what a bizarre post. Get to the QF of the cup and throw the game? Are you for real. Although we sit second we aren’t finishing top 4. This is a cup, two games from Wembley, this is the biggest match of the season fact

Where did I say I want us to throw the game you muppet?

I'm talking about players who might need to be considered, we might need to rotate some players.

And its 3 games from Wembley as the semi final is 2 legs

Id put James in for Iwobi as we need more creativity, even though Iwobi has done really well lately. But if James plays then Holgate needs to be RB because he's a better defender than Seamus and we can't have a someone not match fit playing behind James. We can't rest Dacouré.

The alternative is to move siggy back instead of Davies and play James in the #10. But siggy is playing really well too

I would stick with the same setup. The main difference to the last 3 teams imo is McGuire who can dominate in the air and could upset our no-fly-zone. Otherwise it's an easy win for the Toffees as usual.
Maguire

Also don’t change a winning defence just because Coleman is fit again, the changes should be in midfield, James for Sigurdsson and Gomes (if fit) for Davies

Where did I say I want us to throw the game you muppet?

I'm talking about players who might need to be considered, we might need to rotate some players.

And its 3 games from Wembley as the semi final is 2 legs
I'm pretty sure that the semi finals are now only one game Mac and probably the first team drawn out of the hat are at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.