Match Thread Everton v Man.United Carabao Cup - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Olsen
Coleman or Kenny
Bernard
Gomes
Gordon
Nkounkou
Tosun
Branthwaite
Rodriguez

I think all of the above will have to come into consideration. Not sure we csn rotate to that level and still beat Utd though.

The bonus is we have an extra days rest compared to the mancs and our kick off is the late kick off boxing day.

I think it'll be

Olsen GK
Coleman RB
Holgate CB
Keane CB
Nkounkou LB
Doucoure CM
Davies CM
Bernard AM
Rodriguez RW
Gordon LW
Richarlison ST

what a bizarre post. Get to the QF of the cup and throw the game? Are you for real. Although we sit second we aren’t finishing top 4. This is a cup, two games from Wembley, this is the biggest match of the season fact

Disappointment. Everytime we have a chance to take the next step we bottle it
Im kind of worried about that as well. But still though is an Everton side, with the Don Carlo in charge! But yes i am nervous. Of course we've never won the league cup. So it's about time we put that right. Im hopeful and confident that we can do the business, but at the same time im still feel nervous, that this could be another Everton bottle job. I think we as a fanbase, have been hardwired to be always prepared for disappointment! So it's only natural to have negative thoughts.

Last edited:

Think we will see a few changes.

maybe

Olsen
Coleman
Mina
Keane
Nkounkou
Doucoure
Holgate
Davies
James
DCL
Richarlison

Still a decent side but gives a rest to a few of them as we have 3 games in 5 days

The defence is solid and does not need changing other than give Olsen more game time.
The rest of the team does need freshening up a bit so consider changing a max of 2 of Siggy, Iwobi, and possibly Richarlison to be replaced with the most attack-minded options to go out and win the game in a positive manner !! So that is James and Gordon for me.
Doucouré to stay in to block Fernandez’ runs from midfield.
I suspect Carlo will still have them sitting deep again though. I can see why of course. I just want us to play more of the game in the opponents’ half and really go after Maguire and co.
I could also see him using one or both of Niels or Seamus wide midfield in 4-4-2.
Small refresh rather than wholesale changes. Come on Everton we can beat these!!!!

I would stick with the same setup. The main difference to the last 3 teams imo is McGuire who can dominate in the air and could upset our no-fly-zone. Otherwise it's an easy win for the Toffees as usual.

With Coleman seemingly fit I really wish Ancelotti will consider Holgate as a CM. The lack of pace, aggression and strength in midfield was so apparent without Allan last night. Doucoure was practically doing the job of 3 people in there, he could really use some help.

Olsen
Coleman or Kenny
Bernard
Gomes
Gordon
Nkounkou
Tosun
Branthwaite
Rodriguez
tenor.gif

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Godfrey
Doucoure Holgate
Iwobi James Richarlison
DCL
Their strength is their midfield and attack. Doucoure and Holgate would offer good protection and James would offer us the creativity to get at Maguire and Lindelof.

Status
Not open for further replies.