Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

My misses finally lost her fight against cancer yesterday morning at the age of 58.
She died peacefully in her sleep on a hospital bed in the living room .She knew it was coming but in the last few weeks she deteriorated badly and in the end she wasn't even able to drink water so I was just injecting it in a peg which is a tube in her stomach. She was really scared of dying so at least now she is at peace

God bless you Sue
Thanks Paul for sharing that with us. Am sitting on the sofa beside my missus and she is texting on her phone and asking me what is happening in the movie that we are watching. Was starting to get a bit frustrated with her until I read your post. I'll remember Sue in my prayers tonight.

Thanks Paul for sharing that with us. Am sitting on the sofa beside my missus and she is texting on her phone and asking me what is happening in the movie that we are watching. Was starting to get a bit frustrated with her until I read your post. I'll remember Sue in my prayers tonight.
I don't know how old you and your misses are mate but don't carry on working any longer than you have too.
We had plans for what we wanted to do when I retired but we didn't get there.
The future is tomorrow not next year or the year after.

Lost my mum and dad in the last five weeks due to cancer ,wow thought I would be okay, like one of my mates said school never thought you that one.
Leylo I have attached a link that you may find helpful. Losing mum and dad in a short space of time. I be lost mum and dad many moons ago, the pain never leaves but it doesn't cut you as much. Sorround yourself with friends and family. There are other Organisations that offer support to recently bereaved people. Give them a go, they often have a wealth of expertise and WANT to help.

You are not alone, and I have to say this site is a wonderfull site for talking to people if you need to vent. Words seem hollow, but there is a life to lead and I'm sure mum and dad would want you to carry on with your life. Cry, scream and weep and get as much help as you can. The World is full of people who care and want to help. I hope you find the peace of mind you seek, and remember, sharing and talking is a good thing.

Take care buddy.

I spoke on GOT last year about my company going into administration.
Company ended up with a management buyout, but this covid thing has ,like otherbusnises, has had a dramatic downturn.
Looks like in house restructuring from different departments, but lot of older folk wondering what will happen (different jobs retraining, etc).
Good possibilities of compulsory redundancies, with minimum jobs out there ,and our redundancy terms are laughable.
Anyway, main point.
Good number of workforce not sleeping and stressed to the limits,not good.
Too scared to go off with illnesses (including stress related),cant go to hr department cos nothing is secret in my work.
Cant go to the union cos they will speak to hr who have loose tongues.
Sad times.
Any advice?

Company ended up with a management buyout, but this covid thing has ,like otherbusnises, has had a dramatic downturn.
Looks like in house restructuring from different departments, but lot of older folk wondering what will happen (different jobs retraining, etc).
Good possibilities of compulsory redundancies, with minimum jobs out there ,and our redundancy terms are laughable.
Anyway, main point.
Too scared to go off with illnesses (including stress related),cant go to hr department cos nothing is secret in my work.
Sad times.
Any advice?
There are those on here more qualified than I with regards Union's etc, however, surely any HR issues you have is confidential.

I can't paper over the cracks re: redundancies. A lot of people looking for jobs at the same time make it very competitive.

Alan you can't put your mental health on hold my friend. You can't control it - believe me - and you can't hide from it. If your stressed and anxious you need to seek help from a health professional. Stress and anxiety can also manifest in physical health issues to, like not sleeping, dietary issues and weight loss. If you don't address mental health problems they can quickly excasserbate to a place where you aren't able to actively get help. Talk to loved ones too. Let them know how your getting on, how bad you feel and they will help. LET PEOPLE KNOW. Your going through perfectly understandable stressful times and it's right you get the support available. Speak to your GP and put your cards on the table.
If you get laid off, might be worth giving the people you pay out to on a regular basis - bills, rent / mortgage etc and give them a heads up. They appreciate it if a client informs them beforehand that there may be a " rocky" time ahead financially. Sit down with the missus, make a list together with contact details, and call them on Monday morning. Might ease a little stress your experiencing by lessening your financial worries. Like I say Alan, prioritise your mental health, it will help in the long run. Remember there are people out there who want to help and things are often never as bad as you think they are if they are shared.
Take care and look after yourself buddy.

Click on the link Alan, really good Web site.
Anyway, main point.
Sad times.
Any advice?

Lost my mum and dad in the last five weeks due to cancer ,wow thought I would be okay, like one of my mates said school never thought you that one.
I'm so sorry brother for your losses I can't even begin to understand how you must be feeling about the loss of both parents in such a short time. I hope and pray you've good friends and family around you to be there unselfishly for YOU . Allow yourself mate all the time in the world to come to terms with your loss-there's no time frame or rules on grief it's sadly a thorn that comes from love the more we love the more we grieve. Also you can't do it alone, allow others to help you in dealing daily with the roller coaster of feelings - the sadness, loneliness, anger, guilt, depression, tiredness and confusion, the endless crying, the emptiness.even jealousy of others whose parents are still around. All of these sadly will visit but will pass. Don't hide your hurt mate tell friends, family even your family on here and if you can speak to a doctor about grief councilling please do it.All our love and support to you brother. May God Bless you, May he hold you tight and comfort you in this cruel time.

There are those on here more qualified than I with regards Union's etc, however, surely any HR issues you have is confidential.

I can't paper over the cracks re: redundancies. A lot of people looking for jobs at the same time make it very competitive.

Alan you can't put your mental health on hold my friend. You can't control it - believe me - and you can't hide from it. If your stressed and anxious you need to seek help from a health professional. Stress and anxiety can also manifest in physical health issues to, like not sleeping, dietary issues and weight loss. If you don't address mental health problems they can quickly excasserbate to a place where you aren't able to actively get help. Talk to loved ones too. Let them know how your getting on, how bad you feel and they will help. LET PEOPLE KNOW. Your going through perfectly understandable stressful times and it's right you get the support available. Speak to your GP and put your cards on the table.
If you get laid off, might be worth giving the people you pay out to on a regular basis - bills, rent / mortgage etc and give them a heads up. They appreciate it if a client informs them beforehand that there may be a " rocky" time ahead financially. Sit down with the missus, make a list together with contact details, and call them on Monday morning. Might ease a little stress your experiencing by lessening your financial worries. Like I say Alan, prioritise your mental health, it will help in the long run. Remember there are people out there who want to help and things are often never as bad as you think they are if they are shared.
Take care and look after yourself buddy.

Click on the link Alan, really good Web site.
I'll be honest mate.
I've seen folk in my place suffer and the powers that be are good at turning a blind eye, years ago my company was brilliant if you had problems.
My mental health is good, just now but my friends and colleagues at work are struggling, and the push from powers that be to get these changes through are days rather than weeks.
1 lad I know is petrified of learning new skills so much so hes considering taking redundancy.
Anther is contemplating moving to a different site in another country rather than stressing about things.

Looking at some of the posts here the last week or so with the losses people have suffered is heartbreaking.
Post on here every now and then and it's great .
Uncle died a month ago who I was close too but with all these restrictions and lockdown I'm struggling again a lot.
Havin nothing to look forward to is tough. Never really liked Christmas either well more that I live on my own makes it hard . Seeing all the big families and kids enjoying a stranger then usual Christmas always makes me feel down .
I'll get through it. But this year has been tough on everyone and when you already struggle with things and suffer from loneliness and that it makes it worse.

Looking at some of the posts here the last week or so with the losses people have suffered is heartbreaking.
Post on here every now and then and it's great .
Uncle died a month ago who I was close too but with all these restrictions and lockdown I'm struggling again a lot.
Havin nothing to look forward to is tough. Never really liked Christmas either well more that I live on my own makes it hard . Seeing all the big families and kids enjoying a stranger then usual Christmas always makes me feel down .
I'll get through it. But this year has been tough on everyone and when you already struggle with things and suffer from loneliness and that it makes it worse.

There`s always quite a few of us come on here on Christmas Day mate, so if you`re feeling down just come on here.

Let`s face it, it`s a blessed relief from crap telly and relatives you don`t particularly like or want to see lol