Match Thread Burnley v Everton (Saturday 5 December 12:30)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Some of the Sean Dyche Everton P/C​

Dyche on injuries​

Phil Bardsley and JBG touch and go
Robbie Brady has come through training.
Jack Cork remains out but is back in light training while Dale Stephens joined in with the group

Dyche on injury build up​

We had a mass of injuries after the nine games last season
When the players came back they were really fit.
We have looked at training schedules, days off, I think it is awkward to define a reason
It could just be a spate of injuries which can happen

Dyche on takeover​

I don't know where that is out
That is slightly peculiar as I have been manager here for eight years
But it is watch this space I guess
Until it becomes a reality I have just got to be open minded

Dyche on Everton form​

They have an incredibly experienced manager and a strong group of players
I think it shows the strength of the Premier League
In a strange way it is pleasing to see that bigger clubs and top managers have those tough spells and that it can happen to anyone
They are a very good side.
We have to take on the mentality on from the Palace game and make sure we look after ourselves

Dyche on Benson​

He did well last week in a tough game
He has a good attitude and he is maturing really well as a player
He has trained on a regular basis with good players around him
He now knows the reality of how tough it is in the Premier League

Dyche on his 200th PL game in charge​

I think you become more rounded.
On the pitch you try and learn as you go, it is always tough in the Premier League.

Dyche on home form​

I think the familiarity, the players enjoy playing at Turf
It is helpful to have supporters as I think they stand by the team
Our form at the end of last season was excellent

Dyche on Dwight McNeil helping youngsters​

I think the young players can align with Dwight, he is good friends with a number of the young lads.
He is always able to lend an ear when needed
He is humble and a good example

Dyche on contracts​

We are keeping all lines of communication open with their players and agents as we see fit

Dyche on Premier League picture​

I think it was last season someone said after one game this is how the season is going to pan out
I think people can make their mind up very quickly.
We know the realities of the Premier League and the points tallies and markers of where we should be and shouldn't be.
It goes out the window unless you are performing right and winning games.

We showed that a couple of seasons ago when we got to the 19th game and had 12 points and ended up with 40 points after a very strong second half of the season.
It is not always about form, goals scored, goals against. That gives you a guide and the guidelines are sometimes broken as we have shown ourselves.
At the minute we are okay and we want to make sure we get more points more quickly because it does align you better for the rest of the season.

Injury news in full​

Nick Pope and Josh Brownhill will be fit to face Everton in the Premier League this weekend in a welcome fillip for Burnley boss Sean Dyche.
The pair were among a number of players to miss the 5-0 drubbing at Man City last time out but have both recovered ahead of the visit of Carlo Ancelotti's side.
Robbie Brady has returned to training following a hamstring problem and is in contention, as is Dale Stephens, but Johann Berg Gudmundsson and Phil Bardsley remain doubts.
Jack Cork remains sidelined but is making progress and has joined in some limited first team training.

Dyche on injuries​

Jack Cork remains out but is back in light training while Dale Stephens joined in with the group

We have looked at training schedules, days off, I think it is awkward to define a reason

Dyche on takeover​

Dyche on Everton form​

In a strange way it is pleasing to see that bigger clubs and top managers have those tough spells and that it can happen to anyone
We have to take on the mentality on from the Palace game and make sure we look after ourselves

Dyche on Benson​

On the pitch you try and learn as you go, it is always tough in the Premier League.

Dyche on home form​

I think the young players can align with Dwight, he is good friends with a number of the young lads.

Dyche on contracts​

We are keeping all lines of communication open with their players and agents as we see fit

I think it was last season someone said after one game this is how the season is going to pan out
We know the realities of the Premier League and the points tallies and markers of where we should be and shouldn't be.

We showed that a couple of seasons ago when we got to the 19th game and had 12 points and ended up with 40 points after a very strong second half of the season.
It is not always about form, goals scored, goals against. That gives you a guide and the guidelines are sometimes broken as we have shown ourselves.
At the minute we are okay and we want to make sure we get more points more quickly because it does align you better for the rest of the season.

Injury news in full​

Nick Pope and Josh Brownhill will be fit to face Everton in the Premier League this weekend in a welcome fillip for Burnley boss Sean Dyche.
The pair were among a number of players to miss the 5-0 drubbing at Man City last time out but have both recovered ahead of the visit of Carlo Ancelotti's side.
Robbie Brady has returned to training following a hamstring problem and is in contention, as is Dale Stephens, but Johann Berg Gudmundsson and Phil Bardsley remain doubts.
Jack Cork remains sidelined but is making progress and has joined in some limited first team training.
On on Everton ‘we better make sure we look after ourselves’. Proper sending the message out to get the mechanic to change the break pads and get a fresh hand break on the bus he’s about to park.

yeeesh

Dyche on injuries​

Dyche on takeover​

Dyche on Everton form​

Dyche on Benson​

Dyche on home form​

Dyche on contracts​

Injury news in full​

I don't mind admitting I read all of that in a Sean Dyche voice in my head.

This will not be an easy game as they will park as many busses as they can muster. However I had a Doucoure feeling in my water before the Fulham game and I feel it again this time around although with his feet not his head. The second goal in our 2-0 victory should come from Nkounkou if he plays LWB. If not it'll be Richy as Burnley will be all over James all game. I could see Carlo playing Nkounkou at LWB and Iwobi at RWB, I think we will persist with the back 3 but bring in Mina for Godfrey to better cope with their big forward hoofball game. We should have the defensive nous to manage a first clean sheet in a long while (Spurs?) as they've only managed 4 all season. Davies on the bench in case either wing back or Allan/Doucoure get a knock. Please no Gylfi or Gomes.....

As long as Sigs, Delph, Bernard, Gomez are not involved in any shape or form....

we have a chance but Carlo is continually using deadwood like those instead of Gordon, Kenny or Nkounkou so I don't know what to make of Everton at the minute. James is out of sorts also, hopefully he wakes up this weekend

A load of negative nonsense in here. We beat Fulham away and would have been cruising if we hadn’t of stepped off it in the second half. We’ve beaten Palace and Spurs away who are both better than Burnley. Of course we can lose the game but we can easily win it as well. If we put in a decent performance anywhere near our top level we win this.
....ok mate

???...I think you might want to look up the meaning of deipnosophist. Skilled table talk entails much more than mere vocabulary; something you might which to reflect upon when you're next boring your dinner guests.
Ok mister lionheart, you keep rolling out the same posts every game, crack on and you have the cheek to call others boring, you are hands down the most tedious poster on here, you never say anything other than your lionheart crack. Table talk is vocabulary is it not, or do we call words something different in lionheart land

Ok mister lionheart, you keep rolling out the same posts every game, crack on and you have the cheek to call others boring, you are hands down the most tedious poster on here, you never say anything other than your lionheart crack. Table talk is vocabulary is it not, or do we call words something different in lionheart land
zzzzzzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.