2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him and Herrera should be nowhere near a PSG team that aspires to win the CL, neither should the fella “coaching” them. It’s a group of players that do the bare minimum. They rely on individuals (especially Mbappe/Neymar) to produce moments of quality to get them out of trouble, but come unstuck against a top team that is properly coached.

No we don't. Its not looking a good decision by all involved though
Why, because he’s bagged a few for PSG? Surely any half decent striker should bag given the combination of chances created and level of opposition. My son-in-law ( a Man City fan, so no Everton bias) told me he thought PSG had signed Kenwyne Jones after watching his first few games.

Well... we kind of do.

Carlo and Brands wanted Kean to stay.

He wanted game time and kept insisting.

His agent Raiola arranged a move with PSG.

The clubs dotted the i's and crossed the t's financially. Brands wants Kean back and didn't want to include a buy option; that's not to say he'll definitely be back, mind.

Everton appeared to let him go in the knowledge they'd have the time to bring someone else in. Yet they didn't do that, and that's a huge failing.
That’s not the whole story though is it. That’s the summary of the transfer or loan process that occurred.
Partying during lockdown, being late for training and failing to adapt to how the manager wanted the team to play suggest Ancelotti lost patience with him....or didn’t feel his actual ability met the hype.
Whatever, we really don’t know the whole story. Like most I’ll be more than happy if it goes well at PSG and he comes back re-energised, or equally if it doesn’t work out and we flog him to Genoa or Sasulo. He’s one of many current Everton players who have zero affinity for the Club, the shirt or the ambitious project that Moshiri has tried to bankroll.

That’s not the whole story though is it. That’s the summary of the transfer or loan process that occurred.
Partying during lockdown, being late for training and failing to adapt to how the manager wanted the team to play suggest Ancelotti lost patience with him....or didn’t feel his actual ability met the hype.
Whatever, we really don’t know the whole story. Like most I’ll be more than happy if it goes well at PSG and he comes back re-energised, or equally if it doesn’t work out and we flog him to Genoa or Sasulo. He’s one of many current Everton players who have zero affinity for the Club, the shirt or the ambitious project that Moshiri has tried to bankroll.
Carlo wanted Kean to stay but the conversation they had was basically "you won't be a starter".

He did want him to stay, but don't think he was gutted he left on loan.

However,the club shouldn't have let him go without bringing someone else in.

Well seeing as the others are actually nobody (Tosun doesn't count) then yes you would like to hope he would offer more!
What position is he playing? 1st striker, 1of 1? or 2nd of 2?...If I had Mbappe, Neymar and others providing the bullets Id be scoring too.
I hope he gets 20 this season and PotY and we make some money in him

So you’d rather we just buy young players, loan them out and sell at a profit, without them actually helping our team whatsoever? Footballs a business,‘I’m not disputing that, but I honestly couldn’t care less about making a profit on a player that has contributed zero to the whole reason I support my team. I’d rather have a guy cost us millions but still provide me with moments of joy at the weekend.
You may come back with the argument that selling Kean at a profit has an indirect affect on the team through the ability then to reinvest, but Brands is proving that his strike rate is a toss of a coin right now. Kean was bought to play for Everton, as is every player we sign. The fact that he didn’t settle, couldn’t perform, is to our detriment and should still be deemed as a failure for me. Getting a profit on him us a huge second best to what we are actually trying to achieve. We’ve spent about 400 million in the last 5 years and we are no better. Having money to spend is no guarantee of success, a good transfer policy is. Good players for Everton please Marcel, not PSG.

Who said anything about rather?

If we are talking about preferences though, I'd rather he went and played elsewhere and maintained/improved his value if he wasn't going to contribute here, yes.

Like I said, he clearly has some ability, and he was a gamble worth taking, but not every signing works out. Can you name 1 team that has never bought a player based on either reputation or expectation that hasn't worked out as planned?

Having money to spend is no guarantee of success, you are correct. But it certainly helps. And if you can tell me 1 actual, definitive, tangible guarantee of success in its place, I'd be interested to hear it.

Mbappe could go on a run and beat five or six player before rolling it across to Kean for a tap in and the lids on here would be out with the new Baggio shouts.

''Yes lad he can do it in the Premier League by scoring against Man Utd for a French team in a European competition''.

Hope he bags a few.

He's the same lad who waits for things to happen he's just now surrounded by top tier talent pulling defenders all over the place. He's not imposing himself on the game or making life difficult for the defenders, not offering Neymar or Mbappe an out ball he's just standing in and around Maguire and Lindelof. He was a modern day goal hanger in the first half, needs to step it up big time in the second and put these rats on the brink of going out.

Thats what he is, a finisher.

Take our last game against Leeds, give him one or two of the chances which we missed...he scores.

I think Ancelotti (and others) have tried to play him in a similar role to DCL. Maybe to develop him...but for me hes a player to put alongside DCL and feed off the knock downs and hold up play.

Kean will score lots of goals as long as he stays around the box.

We never played to his strength. You can see he is on shoulder looking for the through ball and skateboard Tom was lumping it up like he was Dom.
Ironically he would have suited James creativity

The kid has absolutely no sense of positional awareness, if he's making a great run on someone's shoulder it's pure luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.