2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the architect tied down as a reward for his sterling work. Digne Richarlison James Rodriguez and Allan all play for Everton, young talent like Holgate and DCL are flourishing in the first team, we’re managed by one of the best managers of all time. All under the golden reign of the architect. 4 more years please. Grazie Marcel.

You left Godfrey for £20m out, who whilst might turn out good, on paper looks an awful lot of money for a relegated centre back.

I also see a lot of his flaws in the window, he's been unable to shift deadwood even on loan. We've been left with no depth at fullback and upfront, with also no pace in the side.

I think stability is good for a club, but his performance has been a C at best over the three years.

I don't really levy the deadwood stuff at him anymore. From the sounds of it loans were agreed for Bolasie & Besic but both failed due to the other club/player. We can only do so much. Man managed to actually get rid of Sandro Ramirez remember.

I don't really levy the deadwood stuff at him anymore. From the sounds of it loans were agreed for Bolasie & Besic but both failed due to the other club/player. We can only do so much. Man managed to actually get rid of Sandro Ramirez remember.
You can't hold up Sandro Ramirez as a positive. He was in the last year of his contract and there is zero doubt in my mind that we paid up most of it and let him go on a free. Besides Klaassen he has either loaned or simply gave away the deadwood on loans or frees. He hasn't saved us much money and what he's had to spend hasn't been spent wisely.

He's not done a good job, at the very best, he's done OK simply because he's not Steve Walsh.

His first window brought in Richarlison and Digne who are good and then Mina, Bernard, and Gomes who are not up to the standard. His second summer window was a horror show. His latest window was saved by Ancelotti making personal calls to James and Allan. He spent a good chunk of his budget on Godfrey and has left us short in many areas of the pitch (right back, striker, wingers).

Three years on the job and the squad is still paper thin for quality. I wouldn't rush into giving him a new contract at all and I'd love to be a fly on the wall for his performance review as he discusses all of what we've accomplished in these past 3 years.

Get the architect tied down as a reward for his sterling work. Digne Richarlison James Rodriguez and Allan all play for Everton, young talent like Holgate and DCL are flourishing in the first team, we’re managed by one of the best managers of all time. All under the golden reign of the architect. 4 more years please. Grazie Marcel.

Pre-Brands this.

You can't hold up Sandro Ramirez as a positive. He was in the last year of his contract and there is zero doubt in my mind that we paid up most of it and let him go on a free. Besides Klaassen he has either loaned or simply gave away the deadwood on loans or frees. He hasn't saved us much money and what he's had to spend hasn't been spent wisely.

He's not done a good job, at the very best, he's done OK simply because he's not Steve Walsh.

His first window brought in Richarlison and Digne who are good and then Mina, Bernard, and Gomes who are not up to the standard. His second summer window was a horror show. His latest window was saved by Ancelotti making personal calls to James and Allan. He spent a good chunk of his budget on Godfrey and has left us short in many areas of the pitch (right back, striker, wingers).

Three years on the job and the squad is still paper thin for quality. I wouldn't rush into giving him a new contract at all and I'd love to be a fly on the wall for his performance review as he discusses all of what we've accomplished in these past 3 years.

So the good signings from last window are Ancelotti’s but the bad ones (after a handful of games) are Brands? Convenient arrangement

Of course he is- if there is one thing Moshiri has shown during his time here is that he loves pishing money away.

Here's another 3 year contract & £250 million Marcel spend it on as much tosh as you want

I hope Brands doesn’t spend that money on players like Digne Richarlison Allan and James Rodriguez. We’ll be absolutely done for.

So the good signings from last window are Ancelotti’s but the bad ones (after a handful of games) are Brands? Convenient arrangement

Yes, the signings that previously played for Ancelotti are his signings. That should be fairly clear.

Just like Richarlison was clearly brought in by Silva.

If you take the signings who played under previous managers out of the equation then Brands' performance is fairly disastrous with only Digne as a feather in his cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.