2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to be in good shape to play a defensive role with a lot of stretching/tackling. If he's put in before he's ready he'll only be out again.
Yes great point. I mean I'd take Khadeira all day here.
On a free for a year or two I agree. Especially if we get European competition next season we'll need some actual decent depth in the squad.

Well that's not strictly true.

If we've lost 2 of our next 4 or whatever it will be by the time he comes back in, then there is pressure to perform. There's always pressure, regardless of whether fans are there. It's how the players deal with that pressure that separates the good from the bad.
Which, again, is every single player in world football. The pressure is what anyone would be feeling coming in. It's their job to perform with that pressure.

Which, again, is every single player in world football. The pressure is what anyone would be feeling coming in. It's their job to perform with that pressure.

I'm not disagreeing, but if we are playing badly (like we are atm) then there is additional pressure to perform. That's a fair point.

Someone who is intelligent, reads the game and is disciplined in the holding role would do me. Haven’t seen Khadeira in yonks but if he can do that I’d have him. We’d need Doucoure and Allan to do the running but we already have that issue when picking Sigurdsson or Gomes!

Exactly this mate. James plays at walking speed and is miles better than our players. I believe he is a world cup winner.

"the pressure".

From whom, exactly? The tens of thousands of supporters in the stands?
Well with the price tag and the problems we still face in midfield, he's already got a lot of weight on his shoulders regardless. Add in the social media generation giving it beans after every mistake he makes, he suddenly becomes a shadow of himself , full of doubt already due to two potential career ending injuries within 12 months.

Can't imagine he's overly pleased to have to start earning his money again. Not criticising him, but if I was being paid millions to sit on my arse for two years then I'd feel hard done by to have to start giving something back suddenly in return for further millions.

Can't imagine he's overly pleased to have to start earning his money again. Not criticising him, but if I was being paid millions to sit on my arse for two years then I'd feel hard done by to have to start giving something back suddenly in return for further millions.
Unless he actually misses playing football and finds being badly injured all the time an inconvenience he could do without.

Status
Not open for further replies.