2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is right mate, still doesn't make what he said untrue.

Let's be honest the tit in the other car was recording whilst he had his teenage girl in the car so they are both blurts.

But that's for another discussion.
I think with Richarlison it’s more obvious because of how strong he can be (particularly in the air)

also agreed that the bloke filming was a tit as well, the only grown up out of the 3 of them was the 14 year old girl

Mad how riled people get over carraghers comments, especially given its true.

Richy is boss, but let's not pretend he doesn't roll around every time he's touched

Not just that though is it, Carragher forgets to mention, Mane and Salah, who are both far worse and elite divers. If he was even handed people wouldn't mind as much, but he's not and he can't help himself, when he commontates on Either Liverpool or Everton.

Not just that though is it, Carragher forgets to mention, Mane and Salah, who are both far worse and elite divers. If he was even handed people wouldn't mind as much, but he's not and he can't help himself, when he commontates on Either Liverpool or Everton.

Yer I agree on that like, it stinks of hypocrisy however again, it's still true what he has said about Richy

Yer I agree on that like, it stinks of hypocrisy however again, it's still true what he has said about Richy

Yeah but definitely think he has an agenda there, I mean there's no smoke without fire. I will say one thing though Richarlison is definitely a targeted player by the opposition, but I will stress, he does go down a lot, but there is always contact. Whereas Mane/ Salah contact is very debatable.

I'm.not surprised he goes down, they kick feck our of him every week and he gets very little protection from the match officials, who have obviously already made their minds up about him.

As was the case with Andy Johnson, he plays for Everton so he's diving. Compare this with Mane, he plays for the filth so he is being fouled.

Yeah but definitely think he has an agenda there, I mean there's no smoke without fire. I will say one thing though Richarlison is definitely a targeted player by the opposition, but I will stress, he does go down a lot, but there is always contact. Whereas Mane/ Salah contact is very debatable.

Mane and Salah are bad for it but ye Salah is a disgrace he doesn't just go down he does a big stupid dive. Horrible cheat

Decent player, but nothing like as good as Everton fans like to make out. In a top team that’s regularly challenging for domestic league and CL trophies he’d be a rotation option and no more. But, because of the dearth of quality at the club a significant minority of fans on here big him up into being better than he is and turn a blind eye to his flaws which have the potential to prevent him from reaching his full potential as a player — and hopefully with Everton.

He too often runs into traffic, breaking up promising moves.
How many times a match are DCL’s excellent off the ball runs wasted because Richarlison the receiver, instead of releasing him quickly, has either deliberately delayed, waited for the slightest contact, and thrown himself to the ground or has tried to beat defenders he could have cut out with a pass even though he’s not a particularly good dribbler? Whenever I watch Everton I can’t shake the feeling that the team is not inefficient in attack despite Richarlison’s efforts, but is inefficient in attack in part because he is too often making odd decisions in possession.

Out of possession, he is certainly energetic and excellent at tracking back and good at pressing, but his tackles are so often wildly mistimed that it must be a technical issue. At times he looks like a more dangerous version of Scholes in challenges. The one on Thiago could easily have been a career ender, and in some ways he was a bit fortunate that Pickford’s clumsy tackle on Van Dijk took the spotlight off his challenge, which was far worse.

Am I saying he’s poor? No way. Along with DCL and Digne he’s one of the only Everton players the top teams would be interested in, were they to become available. But, like the others, he’d probably be purchased as a squad player rather than as a nailed on starter. He needs to score more and assist more, quit going to ground so easily and cut out those straight red card challenges. If he manages that then maybe those posts about how “he’s been carrying the team for the past two years” might start to sound a little bit less ridiculous.

Decent player, but nothing like as good as Everton fans like to make out. In a top team that’s regularly challenging for domestic league and CL trophies he’d be a rotation option and no more. But, because of the dearth of quality at the club a significant minority of fans on here big him up into being better than he is and turn a blind eye to his flaws which have the potential to prevent him from reaching his full potential as a player — and hopefully with Everton.

How many times a match are DCL’s excellent off the ball runs wasted because Richarlison the receiver, instead of releasing him quickly, has either deliberately delayed, waited for the slightest contact, and thrown himself to the ground or has tried to beat defenders he could have cut out with a pass even though he’s not a particularly good dribbler? Whenever I watch Everton I can’t shake the feeling that the team is not inefficient in attack despite Richarlison’s efforts, but is inefficient in attack in part because he is too often making odd decisions in possession.

Out of possession, he is certainly energetic and excellent at tracking back and good at pressing, but his tackles are so often wildly mistimed that it must be a technical issue. At times he looks like a more dangerous version of Scholes in challenges. The one on Thiago could easily have been a career ender, and in some ways he was a bit fortunate that Pickford’s clumsy tackle on Van Dijk took the spotlight off his challenge, which was far worse.

Am I saying he’s poor? No way. Along with DCL and Digne he’s one of the only Everton players the top teams would be interested in, were they to become available. But, like the others, he’d probably be purchased as a squad player rather than as a nailed on starter. He needs to score more and assist more, quit going to ground so easily and cut out those straight red card challenges. If he manages that then maybe those posts about how “he’s been carrying the team for the past two years” might start to sound a little bit less ridiculous.
So Dom would be a squad player? He is walking into any team at the moment.

I remember one game last season Richarlison was going to ground far too easily
The crowd got on his case to stop doing it
It does us no favours
Like most evertonians I like to win by proper means. Not like that cheating scum across the park!!!!

One of the best posts I've read on here. A lot of band wagon jumping goes on here, a few think he's a superstar and the ball starts rolling until massive swathes of supporters think he's a 100 million player. He's brazilian. He doesn't have the skill of a good brazilian. He runs a lot with the ball with his head down, up blind alleys, and hasn't got a trick up his sleeve.

He doesn't assist nearly as much as his position and 'reputation ' requires him to. there are very few occasions when watching him that I go 'wow, that was good'. He scores the odd goal here and there and admittedly the rare very good goal, but nowhere near enough for someone with his 'reputation '.

I don't know what position or what his real role in the team is. he hasn't the skill to be a wide player and doesn't assist enough either to fulfil that role. I think he's marginally better as a striker, but will probably bag you around 12 league goals a season, which isn't magnificent is it?

The thing I like is that he works hard and runs a lot, but surely that's not his main role in the team?

Apparently he's a good lad and there's a lot worse than him in our squad, but I'm not getting the hype around him and I certainly wouldn't be crying my eyes out of he left. We'd miss his workrate and a few goals, but hey, there's lots of players in English leagues who offer that. He's been p!ss poor this season and anyone who thinks he hasn't been is deluded.

I remember one game last season Richarlison was going to ground far too easily
The crowd got on his case to stop doing it
It does us no favours
Like most evertonians I like to win by proper means. Not like that cheating scum across the park!!!!
I dont care how we win, as long as we win, problem is where not, and Richarlison has been a big problem this season.
His derby red card was pathetic, that did cost us, 1 goal and 2 assists a quarter into the season is awful.
Also on Saturday he wasted chances with poor efforts, our best player is letting us down.

Richarlison is 23 years of age he is still four or five away from the peak years of his career, despite that he has 23 caps and 8 goals for Brazil. I simply cannot believe people are criticizing him.

he's had 10 assists in 116 premier league appearances for Watford and Everton combined.

6 assists in 88 appearances for Everton in all comps. That's nowhere near good enough for a wide position.

To be the all round 100 mill player we all think he is, do those assist stats not need to be greatly improved?

James Rodriguez already has half his number of assists (3) in only 9 premier league appearances. And 3 goals. Not saying he should have as many as james, but, assist -wise he's been very poor for a wide player.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.