Match Thread Burnley v Everton (Saturday 5 December 12:30)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the goat player picture injury curse continue into Burnley. We shall find out.

Not working with 3 at the back is time just to bring it back to basic. If kenny is out i would out holgate at rb and nkounkou must play. Id like to see davies in the holding cdm role with allan dacoure either side. I think james on the rw position would benfit with allan’s workrate on the same side as him

Pickford
Holgate Godfrey Keane Nkounkou
Doucoure Allan James
Iwobi DCL Richarlison

Back to what got us seven wins with slight variation.

Not sure we can play James out right at the moment without a third decent midfielder. Let him roam from inside with Richarlison and Iwobi putting a shift in along the wings.

If we're chasing a goal I'd place James out right and use Bernard as the third midfielder.

Lineup largely picks itself, if you have any regard for injuries and the logic of actually playing players in positions where their careers to date suggest they may have a chance of succeeding.

Pickford
Holgate, Keane, Godfrey
Iwobi, Doucoure, Allan, Nkounkou
Rodriguez
DCL, Richarlison​
Should have been the team against leeds but it’s nice of Carlo to eliminate all doubt.

Lineup largely picks itself, if you have any regard for injuries and the logic of actually playing players in positions where their careers to date suggest they may have a chance of succeeding.

Pickford
Holgate, Keane, Godfrey
Iwobi, Doucoure, Allan, Nkounkou
Rodriguez
DCL, Richarlison​

I think we will largely start like this, but I think Delph will start ahead of Nkounkou. I would rather have Nkounkou, because he offers more going forward and he has pace, but I think the manager will be more cautious.

....Ancelotti needs to find a way to stop conceding. Only 1 against Leeds but that was much more to do with luck than tactics.

We lose a lot of creativity and balance in the top third without Digne, but we still have enough threat to score. Ancelotti needs to make us hard to beat.

This is it and what will define our season. James, Calvert Lewin and Richarlinson will be hard to stop. 16 goals in 7 games now when those 3 start together. On Saturday we should have had 2 or 3 at least (one very tight offside call, one which I am surprised was ruled out). The flip of it is though, they could easily have scored 4 or 5. Fulham should have got 3 the week before. It's alarming.

Pickford

Kenny - Keane - Mina - Nkounkou

Doucoure
- Allan --- Gomes

-- James ---------- Richarlison
DCL

Surely we can beat this Burnley side with that??

Hopefully Coleman is back, if not we should start Kenny:

Pickford
Coleman Holgate Keane Delph
Doucoure Allan Gomes
James DCL Richarlison​

They are an experienced big fit team but somewhat lacking in creativity. They must though be getting a bit desperate for some points and would see playing us (in a slump) at home as an opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.