Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickford
Coleman Godfrey Holgate Digne
Allan Doucoure
James
Richarlison DCL Gordon
Its not the first 11 thats a problem...

Its the total lack of depth...and unwillingness to play Gordon + Nkounkou.

Pickford is a latter day Grobbelaar, Holgate is awful, Allan & Doucoure are too slow, James is a Mommy's boy, Richarlison is Mr Stropp, just for starters !!!

Im sure Khedira would love to come here on megabucks but another player the wrong age on big wages

We need to be getting the young, pacy, energetic players who will improve, not players on the way down.

Even if we get a couple top youngsters in and let them use us as a stepping stone for bigger things, we need that ambition

Im sure Khedira would love to come here on megabucks but another player the wrong age on big wages

We need to be getting the young, pacy, energetic players who will improve, not players on the way down.

Even if we get a couple top youngsters in and let them use us as a stepping stone for bigger things, we need that ambition

The only arl players we should have been looking at where Thiago Silva & Cavani - both positions that dont need lightening pace.

Midfield you need to have pace and energy.

The only arl players we should have been looking at where Thiago Silva & Cavani - both positions that dont need lightening pace.

Midfield you need to have pace and energy.
I disagree, you need pace at CB unless your Burnley and defend on the edge of the box
And Chelsea try to push up, Silva’s experience willl give him the pace in his head.

Khedira in his day was a great player, ok he’s now 33 and has had a few injuries, but we are all praying Gbamin is a success and when he’s. Back in 2 weeks he will hit ground running, but we all know, when you’ve be out as long as him, you pick up other niggles, the chances of him staying fit for the remainder of this season and playing 30 games is slim.

So it will basically be, siggurdsson one week, Davies the next. And Gomes the next, while all the time having Allan playing the defensive role, which doesn’t suit him.

we aren’t going out in January and paying 30/40 mil for a defensive midfielder, I think on free with a 18month contract wouldn’t be a bad thing, his experience could really help the back 4 and free Allan and Doucoure at the same time. Yes long term we need energy, youth and pace. But even the top teams occasionally buy older experienced players. Cavani, silva, Willian at Arsenal.

I disagree, you need pace at CB unless your Burnley and defend on the edge of the box
And Chelsea try to push up, Silva’s experience willl give him the pace in his head.

Khedira in his day was a great player, ok he’s now 33 and has had a few injuries, but we are all praying Gbamin is a success and when he’s. Back in 2 weeks he will hit ground running, but we all know, when you’ve be out as long as him, you pick up other niggles, the chances of him staying fit for the remainder of this season and playing 30 games is slim.

So it will basically be, siggurdsson one week, Davies the next. And Gomes the next, while all the time having Allan playing the defensive role, which doesn’t suit him.

we aren’t going out in January and paying 30/40 mil for a defensive midfielder, I think on free with a 18month contract wouldn’t be a bad thing, his experience could really help the back 4 and free Allan and Doucoure at the same time. Yes long term we need energy, youth and pace. But even the top teams occasionally buy older experienced players. Cavani, silva, Willian at Arsenal.

Thiago Silva would have been fine alongside a Holgate who has pace - its not done Chelsea any harm.

We need another CM deffo but that should be in addition to Gbamin as we need to get Gomes/Siggurdsson both out the door next summer and we cant rely on Gbamin staying fit.

We all know we are getting a good fee for Kean next summer so go out and bring in a proper defensive midfielder.

Romeu at Saints fits the bill for me.

Thiago Silva would have been fine alongside a Holgate who has pace - its not done Chelsea any harm.

We need another CM deffo but that should be in addition to Gbamin as we need to get Gomes/Siggurdsson both out the door next summer and we cant rely on Gbamin staying fit.

We all know we are getting a good fee for Kean next summer so go out and bring in a proper defensive midfielder.

Romeu at Saints fits the bill for me.
I agree about another midfielder I think we need 2. And I hope 3 of siggurdsson, Gomes, Delph and Davies. Are out the door next summer. But we ain’t spending 60/70 mil in 2 centre mids. And if we buy Romeu( I wouidnt personally) for say 20/25Mil what Do we do witt Gbamin?

Buying a khedira for 18 months Cheaply gives Gbamin time to settle in and hopefully finally gets over his injuries. And then we can go and buy a really good young box to box midfielder for 40mil like soumare or Zakaria

I agree about another midfielder I think we need 2. And I hope 3 of siggurdsson, Gomes, Delph and Davies. Are out the door next summer. But we ain’t spending 60/70 mil in 2 centre mids. And if we buy Romeu( I wouidnt personally) for say 20/25Mil what Do we do witt Gbamin?

Buying a khedira for 18 months Cheaply gives Gbamin time to settle in and hopefully finally gets over his injuries. And then we can go and buy a really good young box to box midfielder for 40mil like soumare or Zakaria

Think the two top tackling midfielders this season have been Allan & Romeu - put them together and push Doucoure further forward and we are in business.

Had we gone out and signed proper players who are doing well in England from the start like Zaha, Ings, Romeu, Maddison, Grealish etc we wouldnt be in the mess of having a squad filled with tat like Gomes, Tosun, Kean, Bernard etc.

Think the two top tackling midfielders this season have been Allan & Romeu - put them together and push Doucoure further forward and we are in business.

Had we gone out and signed proper players who are doing well in England from the start like Zaha, Ings, Romeu, Maddison, Grealish etc we wouldnt be in the mess of having a squad filled with tat like Gomes, Tosun, Kean, Bernard etc.
Doucoure isn’t good enough in a forward position, squad play at best moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.