2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen those rumours. I've seen one poster saying it - you.

If there are rumours/reports, then we'll see over the coming days.

Ancelotti specifically mentioned – in his presser on Friday – the option of playing Iwobi at left wing-back.

Unless it's proven/confirmed Nkounkou (who was at the ground and showed no visible signs of injury, though obviously he could be carrying a strain or something that wouldn't show) was injured, then it's a daft decision.
Someone else on here said there were rumours

Don’t think there are any rumours of him being injured mert.
If there isn’t then fair enough, I’m not going to judge him on leaving out a 20 year old with 4 senior games if he had legit reasoning to though, I would ask him why, when he had a player with experience in that position, he moved over one of our best players from last week from RWB though

It honestly blows my mind that some clowns on here don't see how ludicrous it is to expect sweeping changes from a club that's has been horribly mismanaged for the best part of a decade after one single transfer window. It took years of utter idiocy and poor choices to make Everton Football Club what it is in Nov 2020 and it will take years competent leadership and good choices to undo the damage that's been caused in this time. Anchelotti is here on a four and a half year contract it could take half of that to see positive changes and his mark really take shape because in life good things don't always happen overnight.

We are not going down. Repeat. We are not going down. The worst this season will be is more of the same mid-table garbage we've become accustomed to. Its not where any of us what to be but if you ever want to be anything more then that, then we've got to give the manager (ANY manager at this point!) proper backing instead endlessly slagging him off at the first sign of trouble and talking of replacements after every bad run. Otherwise we'll always be the same, drifting from season to season in an endless cycle of hiring and firing and we'll always rebuilding. The manager will always have the "its not his team" excuse because nobody ever gets a bloody chance to build a team here!

It honestly blows my mind that some clowns on here don't see how ludicrous it is to expect sweeping changes from a club that's has been horribly mismanaged for the best part of a decade after one single transfer window.
Are people are wrong to expect more than the 0 points we’ve gotten from Leeds, Southampton and Newcastle in recent weeks?

I’m not suggesting for one minute he should be under pressure or anything like that but we’ve got to be doing better with what we’ve got.

The last month has been utterly dreadful.

Are people are wrong to expect more than the 0 points we’ve gotten from Leeds, Southampton and Newcastle in recent weeks?

I’m not suggesting for one minute he should be under pressure or anything like that but we’ve got to be doing better with what we’ve got.

They are right to expect more but if they've watched us at all in recent years then they should know that it was highly likely that we'd get 0 points from Leeds, Southampton and Newcastle because this is what we've been for years. Its hardly new. Of course its dreadful, its more of the same garbage we've put up with season after season. The point is that if we ever want it to be better then we have to actually build something approaching a good team that won't let bad runs like this happen and if we want a team that won't let runs like this happen we have to wait and let it take shape under the manager because it won't happen after one single transfer summer window.

They are right to expect more but if they've watched us at all in recent years then they should know that it was highly likely that we'd get 0 points from Leeds, Southampton and Newcastle because this is what we've been for years. Its hardly new. Of course its dreadful, its more of the same garbage we've put up with season after season. The point is that if we ever want it to be better then we have to actually build something approaching a good team that won't let bad runs like this happen and if we want a team that won't let runs like this happen we have to wait and let it take shape under the manager because it won't happen after one single transfer summer window.
Oh well, if it’s hardly new then let’s just accept it despite bringing in a world renowned manager.

We should have enough to beat those with the team we have, that’s not even a debate.

Stop using transfers as a reason for the defeats.

Oh well, if it’s hardly new then let’s just accept it despite bringing in a world renowned manager.
Its not a question of accepting it ffs. Its that we need acknowledge it and understand that its where we are as a club and fixing it won't be as easy as we'd like. There is no quick fix.
We should have enough to beat those with the team we have, that’s not even a debate.
Why? Why should we have enough to beat those teams? Our side dog crap. Utter garbage and everyone other then some of our deluded fans who love to wildly overrate our players can see it. So yes, it absolutely is debatable to say that we should have enough to beat Leeds, Southampton and Newcastle.
Until the vast majority of this side is purged from the club nothing can ever, or will ever change here. Transfer windows matter because we're stuck with managers using players that they didn't bring in or want.

So the transfers are a very valid discussion point when talking about defeats.

We also got points from the current top two in the league.
Evertons squad in inconsistent form shocker.
Just as we were not going to win the league getting those points against the top two we're not going to collapse because we had a bad month.
People went over the top at the start. Now swung other way.
Truth being we are somewhere in the middle and still have a lot of dead wood to let go.

Someone else on here said there were rumours

As I said, if I see them, then we'll see where it goes. Until then we have to assume that he just wasn't selected - and given Carlo's comments about Iwobi playing LWB, then it seems he would rather play Iwobi there than an actual left-back, which is a bizarre decision.

I am thrilled we have Carlo. But he's not beyond criticism when he gets stuff wrong and he is doing that a fair bit atm.

It's fine margins - had Godfrey not gone for the ball yesterday we'd have scored, or James just been a few inches one way or the other, etc. But we do seem to play without a plan and with very little intensity.

Why are you throwing southampton in as a we should beat those sides? Have you seen them?. They're a better side than Everton right now.

It honestly blows my mind that some clowns on here don't see how ludicrous it is to expect sweeping changes from a club that's has been horribly mismanaged for the best part of a decade after one single transfer window. It took years of utter idiocy and poor choices to make Everton Football Club what it is in Nov 2020 and it will take years competent leadership and good choices to undo the damage that's been caused in this time. Anchelotti is here on a four and a half year contract it could take half of that to see positive changes and his mark really take shape because in life good things don't always happen overnight.

We are not going down. Repeat. We are not going down. The worst this season will be is more of the same mid-table garbage we've become accustomed to. Its not where any of us what to be but if you ever want to be anything more then that, then we've got to give the manager (ANY manager at this point!) proper backing instead endlessly slagging him off at the first sign of trouble and talking of replacements after every bad run. Otherwise we'll always be the same, drifting from season to season in an endless cycle of hiring and firing and we'll always rebuilding. The manager will always have the "its not his team" excuse because nobody ever gets a bloody chance to build a team here!

The problem is that “the same mid table garbage” will result in players such as Richy and DCL moving on so it will become a constant reset.

The problem is that “the same mid table garbage” will result in players such as Richy and DCL moving on so it will become a constant reset.
Both of them are far more likely to stay here under a manager like Anchelotti getting full backing to build something then they would under a newly appointed flavour of the mouth no-mark manager who would also no doubt be hounded out within six to eight mouths.

Its not a question of accepting it ffs. Its that we need acknowledge it and understand that its where we are as a club and fixing it won't be as easy as we'd like. There is no quick fix.

Why? Why should we have enough to beat those teams? Our side dog crap. Utter garbage and everyone other then some of our deluded fans who love to wildly overrate our players can see it. So yes, it absolutely is debatable to say that we should have enough to beat Leeds, Southampton and Newcastle.

Until the vast majority of this side is purged from the club nothing can ever, or will ever change here. Transfer windows matter because we're stuck with managers using players that they didn't bring in or want.

So the transfers are a very valid discussion point when talking about defeats.
Not difficult this mate.

Do Southampton, Newcastle or Leeds have anything comparable to James, Richarlison, Digne, Allan, DCL (on current form)?

No.

Therefore we should be doing better than zero points.

Status
Not open for further replies.