2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's been every week since the Derby ( including the Derby probably )

The derby performance was pretty good. We could have scored 3 or 4 against a Liverpool team who turned up that day and had a full team out including Thiago and Van Dijk (apart form their keeper). We hit back twice as well. It was a world away from the United performance.

The derby performance was pretty good. We could have scored 3 or 4 against a Liverpool team who turned up that day and had a full team out including Thiago and Van Dijk (apart form their keeper). We hit back twice as well. It was a world away from the United performance.
Really? I thought Liverpool were so much better than us all over the park. No shame in that but the performance was far from good.

Unfortunately it seems we're slipping into a run of form where we can only beat the very worst teams in the league. It happened a lot under Silva. Our bad runs of form are just so much worse than the teams we want to compete with.

Really? I thought Liverpool were so much better than us all over the park. No shame in that but the performance was far from good.

Unfortunately it seems we're slipping into a run of form where we can only beat the very worst teams in the league. It happened a lot under Silva. Our bad runs of form are just so much worse than the teams we want to compete with.

This. We were awful in the derby and very lucky to escape with a point in the end.

This...

Said it after last game too..
When we don't have the ball the wing backs become full backs then we only have 2 in midfield so we cant get out, its too easy for poor teams to pen us in.
James, Richy and DCL are our 3 best players, he has to find a system where we have all 3 playing but still be defensively solid. James cant be trusted to track back, teams figured this out when he was on the right and it cost us goals with our right full constantly isolated 2 v 1.
DCL is our striker do obviously he cant have defense duties.
Which leaves Richy who is our best and most important player and would probably get miffed eventually if asked to play left mid constantly.
For me it has to be 4-4-1 with Richy on the left and James in the free role but as i said you risk an unhappy Richy.
Having fit full backs required is a problem obviously but plying with 2 wing backs who have no idea how to play there is ridiculous

The decision to not even have Nkounkou on the bench baffles me... From what we've seen of him wing back would have suited him down to the ground.
In my opinion that's the second game that Carlo has cost us this season before the kick off with his selection.
I still believe in him but I am really getting annoyed with his lack of trust in youngsters. If i were gordon or Nkounkou i would be begging for a loan come january and i'm sure there will be plenty of suitors.
If i was Thierry Small i'd be on a plane to Munich right now.

I cant see Brands signing a new contract if the manager wont even try players he finds like Nkounkou. I am not sure how unhappy or happy i am about this though....

4-4-1? I’m assuming you mean 4-4-1-1 which I agree with having James as the 10

and we have improved open your eyes to now and last season

We've improved but the bench mark wasnt that high - Marco Silva had us fighting relegation even Fat Sam would have improved on that.

No one is saying its all Carlo's fault as Brands is the main culprit with his dodgy signings but to completely egnore all the negatives such as making Siggurdsson captain, playing Gomes on the wing, setting up defensive against a crap Newcastle team, playing Iwobi & Davies as full backs just because the manager has won lots of trophies 5+ years ago is crazy.

He isn't some unquestionable God.

Don't get me wrong the Derby was the best performance out of the last 6, but let's be honest we were comfortably outplayed in that game. Which is no shame given how good the cult are but our performances in general recently have been very worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.