2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good, just needs to settle, I’m not going to criticise a young lad for a shot between his legs or giving a pen away, at least he was trying, and was bringing the ball out with some pace and purpose. Not when we have a goalkeeper who can’t catch a ball, a centreback who needs a harbour to turn around in, and some midfielders who can’t pass to a bloke 5 yards away.

let’s sort all that out first before having a go at the of who is just trying a bit too hard.

I think you negate your own point when you present two examples of exception to the rule.
Not really .. alcaraz , Joel , kone , gana , McCarthy dacoure , Godfrey , Bobby , silva .. that’s our experience of relagated managers and players ... then you can add players from relegation battling teams ... siggy and Williams ... not a good success ratio is it ?

Looks good, just needs to settle, I’m not going to criticise a young lad for a shot between his legs or giving a pen away, at least he was trying, and was bringing the ball out with some pace and purpose. Not when we have a goalkeeper who can’t catch a ball, a centreback who needs a harbour to turn around in, and some midfielders who can’t pass to a bloke 5 yards away.

let’s sort all that out first before having a go at the of who is just trying a bit too hard.

Thought he was okay yesterday, one criticism would be that he should have got out to that shot quicker. For me though like every player coming into a new club they need a good run of games in their correct position before they can be fully judged. He's got all the attributes to go on and be a good defender though, tall, quick and solid.

Agree with a few here, honestly thought he played well, the goal is just very well taken imo, very like James against WBA but even better.

That RB is very good - but we constantly stand off players and let them pass/shoot.

We have no aggression in the side and haven't done since Moyes.

Poor lad stepped up a league at a higher level, then to be asked to play in a Fred Kano defensive set up he will settle in time when Carlo plays round pegs in round holes ........

Status
Not open for further replies.