2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pay him off now which would be a pittance and have the groundwork in place to seduce Rangnick, Monchi or Campos to come aboard in the summer.

The lazy sod doesnt work January anyway so let Carlo pick 1-2 players and leave it to Kenwright to negotiate.

Iwobi: £27 million
Kean: £27 million
Gomes: £22 million
Godfrey: £25 million
Doucoure: £22 million
Lossl
Bernard
Sidibe

Enough is enough.
To be fair,i think the likes of Gomes, kean and Dacoure were seen as good deals at the time we signed them, as we got them for way lower than what was expected, though you never know how they will do till they play here,a lot of players can play good before we sign them, and good after we get rid of them but not good for us

To be fair,i think the likes of Gomes, kean and Dacoure were seen as good deals at the time we signed them, as we got them for way lower than what was expected, though you never know how they will do till they play here,a lot of players can play good before we sign them, and good after we get rid of them but not good for us

He's not a bad DOF but he's totally not suited to the English League

The likes of Gomes, Bernard, Sidibe, Iwobi would be fine in the lesser leagues of Holland, Turkey, Portugal etc but he's out of his depth in what is required for the strong, fast paced Premier League.

Pay him off and get rid.

So he's Walsh now is he because a couple of his signings are underperforming?

Sound.
No he's Brands, an employee, whose contract is up soon and his performance has been ordinary.
The fact that they made him a director to massage his ego is neither here nor there.
As far as I can see he was brought in to buy cheap and sell dear...aka, the ajax model and to get rid of the deadwood.
Hes got rid of some deadwood...and possible brought in some more.

I wouldnt cry too much if he left

He's not a bad DOF but he's totally not suited to the English League

The likes of Gomes, Bernard, Sidibe, Iwobi would be fine in the lesser leagues of Holland, Turkey, Portugal etc but he's out of his depth in what is required for the strong, fast paced Premier League.

Pay him off and get rid.
And pronto!

The left-back situation in 2017/18 defined how poor Walsh was for me, and it's the same with Brands and right-backs now.

If I could recognise in advance that Baines and Coleman were becoming increasingly unreliable, how does it escape a director of football?
It's unknown if the manager was happy with Coleman and Kenny to be his two right backs if he wasn't and he doesn't seem to be with Kenny then yes another RB should have been brought in even on loan .

To be honest, I don't care if he gets another contract or not. He hasn't been useless but then he hasn't been great.

If he is given a new contract it should be for a maximum of 2 years and be at the same or lower salary than his current one. He has certainly not done enough to deserve a pay rise.

The whole DOF question does not come into it, if Brands goes, Moshiri will appoint another DOF there is no way he will let a manager be in control of the whole shooting match.

So when we signed the players in the summer they were all Ancelotti’s signings and there was no need for Brands. Now Brands is involved too much in the targeting of players and is holding us back. Doucoure and Godfrey have suddenly become his signings as well whilst JR and Allan are Ancelotti’s (unless we’re talking about the transfer strategy in which case they’re Brand’s because they’re older and don’t fit the agenda)

You're wasting you're time trying to get any sense out of some on here with actual logic mate - the agenda is set in stone now with brands, even though we need stability more than ever this season!

It will take him years to sort the shambles of a squad he was left with, and the bigger project of sorting the academy out will also take time.

But balls to it - Let's just bin brands and Carlo cos they are useless, and go for big ed from the mancs or walshy back as dof, and get wee Davey or koeman back as manager, to lead us into the bright new dawn.

Until Brands can unearth or persuade genuine top class talent to come here, we will never kick on to the level we all want to be. You sign decent players, you get decent results. That´s where we are right now.

You're wasting you're time trying to get any sense out of some on here with actual logic mate - the agenda is set in stone now with brands, even though we need stability more than ever this season!

It will take him years to sort the shambles of a squad he was left with, and the bigger project of sorting the academy out will also take time.

But balls to it - Let's just bin brands and Carlo cos they are useless, and go for big ed from the mancs or walshy back as dof, and get wee Davey or koeman back as manager, to lead us into the bright new dawn.
You need to remember he has been here for 3 years though, also HE chooses not to make the most of the market options by refusing to use the winter window. He has also added to that shambles with a series of poor buys who have come in on large wages and under performed: Bernard, Mina, Gomes, Kean, Delph, Doucoure, all of whom are imo just very meh type of players and i am still waiting to see something from any of them. The happy clappers on here will give it all about how much we can sell these players for in the future but tbh i don't give a flying **** i care about what they do on the pitch, that is why we buy them in the first place, and so far Richarlison/Digne aside his buys have been pretty average. Another point often missed is that he was brought in to sort out the shambles of a squad and, yes he has moved on a fair few players but the key deadwood that are really strangling the club are all still here. However we probably do need a period of stability but we HAVE to sort our recruitment out once and for all as its woeful at the moment.
As for any shouts for sacking the manager at the moment that's crazy, we are only 10 games into the season and it would be nice to see the manager last the full term but he certainly needs to up his game a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.