2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
so his wages are somehow relevant to what’s he’s had to deal with.

And the fixture pile up is relevant, just you’re to blinded to see why.

Carry on lid
The fixture pile up is the same for everyone and has happened ever since I can remember. How is that an excuse? And yes his wages are relevant. If I’m paying someone more than the last guy, I’d expect better in my business. So how do you not see that?
I’m not going to get into an argument with someone who uses the phrase “carry on lid”
Maybe you should just try and think of something he’s actually improving on the pitch and then I can either agree or not. All I am seeing is excuses.

How can you deny he’s a great manager after all he’s won?
Because you are using present tense and there’s nothing he is doing right now to convince me he is.
Mourinho is the most trophy laden manager of the last ten years but even he’s been sacked. Managers have their time at clubs and motivations for each job. Ancelotti won trophies many years ago and with clubs who win trophies season in, season out. I’m not saying he hasn’t been a top manager. Of course he has. But so has fabio capello, Sven, van gaal and hiddink. And we wouldn’t want any of them would we???

Because you are using present tense and there’s nothing he is doing right now to convince me he is.
Mourinho is the most trophy laden manager of the last ten years but even he’s been sacked. Managers have their time at clubs and motivations for each job. Ancelotti won trophies many years ago and with clubs who win trophies season in, season out. I’m not saying he hasn’t been a top manager. Of course he has. But so has fabio capello, Sven, van gaal and hiddink. And we wouldn’t want any of them would we???

But I never said he’s doing a great job right now just that he’s undoubtedly a good manager and good managers should be given time to fix things. Who do you want to replace him with?

Ancelotti has inherited a seriously unbalanced squad which lacks any depth whatsoever in a number of key positions. The fault lies with terrible recruitment. I think we all acknowledged what a mess the squad is and realised it will take a number of transfer windows to sort it out. Carlo definitively not immune to criticism but talk of sacking him is extremely premature.

I’d say this is more just a slump in form. We haven’t looked great all season (even in the games we won). We attack in such a predictable way that teams are all over us now.

The fixture pile up is the same for everyone and has happened ever since I can remember. How is that an excuse? And yes his wages are relevant. If I’m paying someone more than the last guy, I’d expect better in my business. So how do you not see that?
I’m not going to get into an argument with someone who uses the phrase “carry on lid”
Maybe you should just try and think of something he’s actually improving on the pitch and then I can either agree or not. All I am seeing is excuses.

so a new manager who walks into a club and needs to change certain aspects of play, which can only be done on the training ground, and isn’t afforded that opportunity because of the restricted time he has on the training said pitch; and you’re saying that isn’t an issue?

Ok mert back to bed for you.

secondly, his wage is high because he’s one the most successful managers in Europe, ever.

what you and the other cry arses wanted was for him to walk in and that somehow transpires to us winning every game and challenging for the league. Not how football works.

He has a 4 year contract, what the normal non- cry arses are saying is, let’s actually give home time and build something. Like every other manager there’s learning curves no matter how experienced you are.

pick your toys up on the way out please

I’d say this is more just a slump in form. We haven’t looked great all season (even in the games we won). We attack in such a predictable way that teams are all over us now.
I think it’s more they have seen how open we are defensively. We scored 3 goals last week and could have scored a few last night. Could have conceded ten mind.

Ancelotti has inherited a seriously unbalanced squad which lacks any depth whatsoever in a number of key positions. The fault lies with terrible recruitment. I think we all acknowledged what a mess the squad is and realised it will take a number of transfer windows to sort it out. Carlo definitively not immune to criticism but talk of sacking him is extremely premature.

You can’t just blame one without the other. Allardyce got us to 8th playing Cuco Martina.

The reason teams like Leeds, Burnley and Sheff Utd (last season) do well is because they have a fixed system, players playing in their actually positions and everyone knows their job.

Think he needs a few more windows to ship out some of the deadwood, then get some players in ,yes you can question some decisions my worry is other teams look fitter than us
..WHY? Is the problem at finch farm we've looked like a team full of slugs for a good few seasons now.

Think he needs a few more windows to ship out some of the deadwood, then get some players in ,yes you can question some decisions my worry is other teams look fitter than us
..WHY? Is the problem at finch farm we've looked like a team full of slugs for a good few seasons now.

His training is notoriously low intensity. Maybe we need some of the players to take it upon themselves to do extra training on this.

But 18th wasn’t an accurate reflection of the team/squad was it? That’s why we sacked the manager. We hadn’t finished lower than 8th in the last 3 seasons, he took over a side that virtually every single poster on here agreed was at least top 10 standard.

To be fair, I argued at great length that 18th probably was too low so I can't really argue with what you've said. We did some things very well, but lacked any, kind of resilience when faced with adversity. It showed by us never coming from behind (about 20th in the division for that) and the 4th 1st half v 20th second half league tables.

However, that was where we were at. There probably some easy wins to get us back to half way up the league but after that there's nothing easy. He didn't have the platform that was left for Martinez from Moyes. So while I'm on board with criticism, I do think it has to be measured and also has to be within the context that we have improved under him.

FWIW I think the chopping and changing is damaging is currently. The players clearly struggle with change. Shunting Iwobi to LWB a week after his best gae at right wing back to accmodate Tom Davies, a 1 paced central midfield player seems a very odd decision to me. I mean these players are barely good enough to play well in a single position if given a run of games, never mind if constantly moved. They are not the elite players, or players with elite mentalities that Ancelotti has had before. You see a marked difference between Allan and most of the team yesterday.

I hope we stick with 343 and he has the bravery to put Nkonkou in as a left wing back and give Iwobi a go at RWB. Keep the same players and hope we can start improving.

His training is notoriously low intensity. Maybe we need some of the players to take it upon themselves to do extra training on this.
This is what worries me. Just as we looked unfit and slow under Martinez, we seem to lack the intensity that other teams have. Leeds yesterday seemed to have more energy, drive, oomph, call it what you will, than we did, and that's true for many other teams.

Cant really blame Ancelotti seeing as the depth in key positions just isnt there...

The only 3 positions where we have depth are in LB (Nkounkou), LF (Gordon) and CB (lots)...

Aside from criticising Ancelotti about not trusting Nkounkou and Gordon theres not much wrong.

The good news is that with alot of players out of contract this coming and the following summer, these two players (and more) should come through and we can actually sign players to replace the dross.

Re the HYS on this article: I’ve reported a few of the RS off topic posts let’s see how many they take down.

We’ve stalled because we can’t keep goals out. The mantra of building from the back hasn’t really been adopted. This can’t help with confidence if every game you play you concede an average of 2.

Carlo needs to take a bit of flak for recent performances. Newcastle away and home to Leeds spring to mind - square pegs in round holes.

Some may say we’ve been figured out or what not but we knew what Leeds were going to do yday and they still did it. We looked half paced all over the pitch and only showed urgency when we went 1 down. Very frustrating indeed

When we’re we looking at Europe?

We certainly won’t be this year.
Last season, after the restart we were up in around 8th and looking good for pushing on for Europe after 7 points from the first 3 games then from the Spurs game on it started to dwindle

You can’t say with any certainty that we won’t get there this season when there’s still 28 games to play for

Status
Not open for further replies.