2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genuine would be a quality signing for us in Jan on the cheap

Said it in the summer Doucoure is a solid Premier league signing but not good enough to build the team around as some mention we do (people saying we need a dm to unleash Doucoure)

Solid signing and will get better im hoping
No mate ... I have had my lot of signing relagated teams players and managers .. you don’t get them cheap , they want good money and they’re mostly crap... gana aside I can’t think of one that worked out as a good signing performance wise or financially

Doesn't work in a midfield 2. Isn't reliable as a defensive player. Basically like a poor man's Pogba but without any flair.

Still won't write him off even though he's been poor. We need a 3rd midfielder to make him and Allan work better.

hes basically Carlton Palmer but worse at tackling and doesn’t cover as much ground

Actually think hes been ok...some good/great games and some like yesterday.

Bar him and Allan weve only (possibly) Gbamin to come in with any quality.

Doucoure would be an ideal player to rotate and at £22mil i wont complain.
This is a good point.
Last season our midfield options were, Schneiderlin, Gomes, Delph Davies amd an injured Gbamin. We all knew it needed ripping up and wasn’t going to b fixed in one window.

I said last night I see Doucoure as a stop gap for a few years and will be moved on eventually, with us hopefully getting some money back. He was what was needed at the time, a strong presence which we have lacked.

Our last 5 midfield purchases that we had high hopes for have all cost 20/25mil
Maybe we should have bought 2 for 50mil each
But wouid Keita & Fred made us much better.

I like Allan and I think he will great especially next season when hopefully a few more quality players have been added to the first team.
whether Ancelotti plays 2 or 3 we will need 4/5 good to quality midfielders. I see Doucoure as a squad player moving forward.

Whoever we buy next for the midfield, has to be an outstanding player. Brands & Ancelotti can’t afford to get it wrong.

I had my reservations when he signed but I’m hopeful he’ll settle. Seems like he’s unsure on his role at times.

it comes down to awareness as well, he’s constantly letting people run off him and seems to be the wrong side when defending. He’s not strong in a tackle either

Reminds me so much of Schneiderlin, slightly more athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.