2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
6th in premier league quarter finals of league cup. Yes were crap at the moment but you carnt buy a load of players all at once we've done that before, I think it will take a couple of seasons to get rid of the deadwood and get his type of players in .he's not Houdini give him time ffs.
Yes I agree, but get the basics right square pegs in round holes ain't working - I stated pre match he might go with a back 3 ? Yes he dropped Mina so Gregory should have been dropped too fully played with cover on the wings an extra midfielder to support Allen, and pushes Leeds back....
You cannot defend deep v Leeds as they will pick you off ....
Also we would have had a shape to hurt them in which we almost did with a mish mashed side ......
His substitutions putting slower players on for faster ones ?
He has to get it sorted Unsworth must have faster players in his under 23s .......
He has been left deadwood no need to use them FGS........
ATM more faith in big Dunc TBH ......
Carlo will come good if he plays round pegs in round holes ......
Maybe trying to be to clever?

Ok. Fair enough and there isn't really any comeback to that.

All you can say, is he's never been manager who has a plan, and works towards it. He's a pragmatist that amends the system to suit opponents. There's a legitimate argument to say he's not done this very well over the last few games, and in truth the tinkering is not helping players currently.

Overall though, we have made a lot of improvement on where we were since he's come in. I can understand people may think 18th was a false position and in some ways it was, but it was where Silva left us.

I'll be frank, it's going to take a lot for me to turn on Ancelotti, so I'll be quite defensive of him, probably to some annoyance I'm sure!
This is why I am a bit baffled he did not address the issues in this match in that second half. It was obvious we were being overrun in midfield we needed to change system.

Yes I agree, but get the basics right square pegs in round holes ain't working - I stated pre match he might go with a back 3 ? Yes he dropped Mina so Gregory should have been dropped too fully played with cover on the wings an extra midfielder to support Allen, and pushes Leeds back....
You cannot defend deep v Leeds as they will pick you off ....
Also we would have had a shape to hurt them in which we almost did with a mish mashed side ......
His substitutions putting slower players on for faster ones ?
He has to get it sorted Unsworth must have faster players in his under 23s .......
He has been left deadwood no need to use them FGS........
ATM more faith in big Dunc TBH ......
Carlo will come good if he plays round pegs in round holes ......
Maybe trying to be to clever?
I think he lacks trust in some of our squad and maybe with good reason or maybe he thinks they need more time before they are ready. I agree he has made mistakes in selection though.

I love Isco he’s one of my favourite players to watch and because of this shabby recruiting even into this summer with Doucoure we are going have to forgoes the chance to sign him.

We need pace and intensity and we need to play that way, few performances lately have been everything a full Goodison would have rejected.

He was poor today. Let's not pretend he's perfect or immune from criticism. System was poor and didn't get changed until too late. DCL isolated, midfield overran. Hopefully he changes things around for Burnley as this wacky 5 at the back isn't working.
He’s been poor for ages. There comes a time when we need to think is this just his level at Everton.

Some of our most embarrassing defeats have come under his management.

Fair enough,but managers do go through phases where they lose 4 games in 5 or 6. It's not great but it does happen, especially when you take over a side who were 18th.
But 18th wasn’t an accurate reflection of the team/squad was it? That’s why we sacked the manager. We hadn’t finished lower than 8th in the last 3 seasons, he took over a side that virtually every single poster on here agreed was at least top 10 standard.

We had a natural left back behind Digne and we went with Tom Davies in his stead and swapped Iwobi to the left when he had a great game at RWB. Sometimes you just have to admit you are shooting yourself in the foot and learn from it.

Only credit I can give Carlo is at least he is experimenting. Most of our managers didn’t do enough of that. I just think he is a stubborn old dog with some of his players.

The lack of intensity in our play is a concern. The systems all wrong but I honestly think whatever formation we play, we still play so passively, sloppy, don’t win second balls and there appears to be a lethargy throughout the team when we have the ball. I spoke with a Leeds fan after the game who said to me that it’s rare bielsa signs a player and they go straight into the team. He gets them up for it physically before they go in. You have to match teams physically and with intensity in the premier league if you’re going to get something out the game. We’re second best in this part a lot of the time.

Just watched the interview. Honestly feels like he's writing the season off, doesn't seem arsed about the performance. Actually quite irritated how he showed more emotion during the minute clap than another shambles loss

Status
Not open for further replies.