Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any contact off the Leeds player last means it's not offside. I am amazed they didn't seem to look at it. Bear in mind a goal was given real time, so there needs to be clear evidence to overule it.
Fair enough
No excuses though. We were crap, and our manger at the moment Is making crap decisions - that has to change

Disappointing result and performance, but to be fair we are missing Digne and Coleman which seriously hampers our defence. I’m not sure 5 at the back is working though as we seem to be far too easy to beat in midfield. After Burnley we have Chelsea, Leicester and Arsenal and on current displays we will lose all three.

Wait a minute. Had Richarlison scored a couple of those beautiful chances created by James nobody would be talking about the defense, midfielders, lineup, tactics, etc. He needs to step up and finish those opportunities, no excuses. It's getting frustrating. He's great recovering, pressing, dribbling but very poor capitalizing the opportunities. Reminds me of Vinicius with Real Madrid.

I think he's working on it mate!

But honestly, I don't think he is.

He keeps making the same stupid decions.

His active distrust in Gordon and Nkounkou is clear to see and in a case like today has seen us field a totally imbalanced side.

He keeps playing Pickford. WTF has he dropped Olsen from the bench for today?

In the second half, it was clear our system wasn't working from an attacking POV. He brings on Delph and Gomes, yet doesn't change the shape and shifts Doucoure to a RWB role.

He is making awful calls and that has to change.

Wait a minute. Had Richarlison scored a couple of those beautiful chances created by James nobody would be talking about the defense, midfielders, lineup, tactics, etc. He needs to step up and finish those opportunities, no excuses. It's getting frustrating. He's great recovering, pressing, dribbling but very poor capitalizing the opportunities. Reminds me of Vinicius with Real Madrid.

Yes they would.

And rightly so.

We aren't very good.

But honestly, I don't think he is.

He keeps making the same stupid decions.

His active distrust in Gordon and Nkounkou is clear to see and in a case like today has seen us field a totally imbalanced side.

He keeps playing Pickford. WTF has he dropped Olsen from the bench for today?

In the second half, it was clear our system wasn't working from an attacking POV. He brings on Delph and Gomes, yet doesn't change the shape and shifts Doucoure to a RWB role.

He is making awful calls and that has to change.

Agree really on Nkonkou and Gordon. He obviously favours experience, but when players play badly he has to own that one.

I was a big supporter of Olsen (see his thread) and would happily play him, but I think Pickford has been ok of late. I mean today he made 3 or 4 brilliant saves to keep us in it. I'm not a fan of Pickford, but I can understand why hes playing currently.

Not really, we should have scored. Doucoure and Richarlison both had clear cut chances.

Of course we should have scored but it doesn't excuse the performance.

I'm sorry mate, Carlo has been dog these last few weeks. He doesn't appear to have a plan on how to fix our issues and we are getting worse by the week.

Injuries are devastating and the one to Digne is a huge blow. But why are we so one dimensional?

My mate who is a Leeds fan raised this point the other day.

Bielsa had his team playing exactly how he wanted them within weeks. Weeks.

Why should we need a year to know how we want to play (and frankly, we still don't).

For the record, of course I want Carlo to stay. He's great, he knows a lot and has improved us. But at the moment, he isn't making good decisions. And whatever they are working on in training isn't helping. We also look off the pace and that isn't helping. We create chances for 40-45 minutes and after that have no legs to get up the pitch. We don't build attacks - it's all about the odd moment of magic, crosses or set-plays.

It needs to be far, far better.

Agree really on Nkonkou and Gordon. He obviously favours experience, but when players play badly he has to own that one.

I was a big supporter of Olsen (see his thread) and would happily play him, but I think Pickford has been ok of late. I mean today he made 3 or 4 brilliant saves to keep us in it. I'm not a fan of Pickford, but I can understand why hes playing currently.

Yep, I think Pickford did okay today myself but let's face it our defence is a nervous wreck and something needs to change. He's pretty much the one ever present.

Since Moyes left, under every manager, we haven't defender with any semblance of authority. We have no leader back there at all. Keane isn't that and Holgate is still learning.

Carlo isn't helping by playing square pegs (and bad ones at that) in round holes - and he did that today.

Status
Not open for further replies.