reality check

Status
Not open for further replies.
The frustration is that this is the best team we’ve had in years and we have a world class manager and if we don’t have a good season we will likely lose Richarlison and possibly DCL and then be somewhat back to square one.

In truth, we’ve won every game where we’ve had our first team out and played some beautiful football at times but sadly with Digne out for at least a couple months we need a better plan B.

I don’t think it’s a particularly good team. If it is considered to be better than anything over the past 6 years, then it’s only because the last six years have been filled with absolute crap.

I see us having a similar final league placing to that of the last six years, and our right hand side is extremely weak to non existent.

I don’t think it’s a particularly good team. If it is considered to be better than anything over the past 6 years, then it’s only because the last six years have been filled with absolute crap.

I see us having a similar final league placing to that of the last six years, and our right hand side is extremely weak to non existent.
We have big gaps but Digne, Richarlison, DCL, James and Allan are about as good as I’ve seen turn out for us in my lifetime and Keane, Holgate, Coleman and Doucoure would get in most of our teams

Haven’t enjoyed a season since 2013/14 - before then liked moyes’ teams but they always bottled the big games. Been a long long time since we had a decent side.

don’t see a way out of it - we’ve spent some serious money in recent years and very very few of these lads would be worth more than we paid. Only thing to do is give Carlo three years to build something and see what happens but I’m not particularly hopeful. We look unfit and poorly drilled

I really hate the sore tummy rub threads like this after a loss.

I suppose its what years of the club kicking us in the balls and not having the decency to give us a happy ending will do to you.

Don’t even care where we finish now. Getting that same feeling as last year, gonna be another nothingness season. We can’t have good things at this club. Seeing the same old faces getting minutes, being involved in the team and churning out the same half arsed efforts, it just won’t feel like a new dawn for me until we have a completely new squad.

We have big gaps but Digne, Richarlison, DCL, James and Allan are about as good as I’ve seen turn out for us in my lifetime and Keane, Holgate, Coleman and Doucoure would get in most of our teams
I don’t know how old you are, but the last four players you mention are crap, and I’d say Baines, Pienaar and Lukaku were better than the first three you mention. Arteta was better than all of them.

Weve had 30 years of reality checks. I'd like the reality to change at some point.

We are the most predictable team in English football. Not been relegated in about 60 years thankfully and far too good always to go down. But nowhere near good enough to ever actually challenge in the top 6 or so or to win something.

Genuinely don't see the point of us at the minute. We exist to plod along doing absolutely nothing of note. If we get into a good position, we take two steps back. Nothing will ever change.
Unfortunately it sure seems like it doesn't it

we're 6th to 10th at best this season, unless we get some serious investment.

i'm quite happy with carlo and the style of football he plays and have no delusions of grandeur.

please can we just stop judging the team as if they are anything other than world-beaters.

....I thought we have serious investment.

it’s not just about having investment, it’s about how you spend the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.