Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the second half. Did we go 4-4-2 in the second half with Delph and Gomes replacing Davies and Iwobi?

And if so, did we look better as a 4-4-2 in the second half?

And gone backwards ever since.....

Only beat WBA cos they had a man sent off, they took the lead and equalised if I remember correctly.
Beat Palace with a dodgy as penalty

Lost to a hard working Southampton team but no real quality
Beaten by a poor Newcastle team
Beaten by a poor Man Utd team
Lucky to get a win against Fulham who missed a pen
And we were beaten by a hard working Leeds team, again no real quality in that side, majority have been Championship players for their whole careers
But they looked balanced and all knew their roles which we didn't. 352 didn't suit us but what do you do if he doesn't want to play the back up full backs. I guess we have to hope Coleman is back soon because we may have been a bit imbalanced but we looked better in a 433.

Allan needs someone next to him who can keep the ball. Doucoure needs to be dropped. Shocking player, I’m sick of all you lot defending him because of his physical presence. He’s an awful, awful footballer. Merry Christmas
He's exactly what we bought from Watford. Good athlete, can cover the ground to press and close spaces, on occasion he can make a dribble or score a goal that has an impact, but he isn't a high level passer or a high level ball winner and that kind of leaves you light in midfield.

Not a bad performance for a team of championship plodders

No bot bad. A bit of a smash and grab, and very fortunate with a bizarre decision to rule out 2 goals for us, 1 of which looked like it was from your man. We missed 10+ clear chances and in the end were punished as a result with a pot shot. It happens.

As I said the other day, your workmanlike, put opponents under pressure, and some sides (particularly ones lackinf their first choice 3/4 best fullbacks) will succomb. We did today.

Still a bit miffed how VARintervenes to rule out a goal off a defender for offside, which like many other decisions went against us today and turn the game. But ultimately only ourselves to blame, we cut you open time and again and weren't clinical.

i can only assume Niels has an injury. Really odd to leave him out completely otherwise. Not as if he’s not been on the bench recently either is it?
Really odd.

Ive said it since Ancelotti came here to be honest mate. His team selections have been baffling at time’s. Last season I gave him in the benefit of the doubt because he was still going through a trial and error phase to see what he had to work with. This season however the constant personnel changes and the strange bench options have been baffling. Given the situation with Gordon, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s just left Nkounkou completely out of the team today because as his record shows he prefers the experienced lads, which is back firing on him big time.

Could have easily been 5-4, 4-5, 4-4. They nicked it and were the better team but we were in it for the whole game, albeit never in control. Richy was utter poo and our 'wing backs' struggled big time. Allan was great to watch did not deserve to be on losing side.

All credit to Leeds for the football they play, and that they make football entertaining. Has followed Bielsa for many years and he is a football genius. He makes completely ordinary players play as if they were World Champions, and his teams are always exceptionally well drilled. It is not without reason that he is considered by many to be the world's best coach. Our own performance was as expected.

Every season, same old same old.

I think I’m done with this club. Where is the point in going through the same rubbish season after season. Never gonna change and it’s a waste of time and energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.