Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the games I've watched they are pretty open at the back, that German grock Koch is very poor, probably be a modern day Baresi now Saturday evening. Even ten man Arsenal created plenty of openings with ten men.

The first goal in a game against these holds even more significance than usual imo.

Damn shame about Digne, hoping it's Nkounkou and not Delph who comes in to replace him.

COYB
Nkounkou all the way. Gonna be a star.

Listen, I've been an Everton fan for almost all of my 50 years on this earth...but I'm starting to get jaded (yes, it's taken THIS long). Money, Ancelotti, world-class players and we still are 'Everton That.' I imagine I'll get grief, but the thought of watching the blues against Leeds feels like a trip to the dentists.
Surely this is the least ‘Everton that’ season we’ve had since first year Martinez?
The games we lost were because we were without Richarlison, had an unfit James and Digne out for Newcastle too, I don’t think I had a good feeling going into those games at all. We’ve won literally every other match this season whilst playing some unreal football at times and scoring some absolutely stunning team goals!
‘Everton that’ is when you think we’ve turned a corner and are full strength and think we’re gonna smash someone and lose badly (like Wigan FA Cup in that Phil Neville abomination). If we’d have given away our 3-1 lead against Fulham THAT would’ve been ‘Everton that’ but this season when we’ve had Richarlison play, we’ve been resilient and won every match.

Hope we win as their local media massively over rate them judging by reviews that keep popping up on my phone from their local rag.

I think another defeat and reality will start to set in for them when they are below Bruce's Newcastle.

Be a tough game like need the defence and Pickford to turn up for once.

The thing we have to not do today which i hate us doing at the best of times, is the silly back passes or the playing around from keeper to defender [vice/verse] when our players are like in the 6 yard box, as we seen even last week the speed the Leeds players close the keeper down when Arsenal were playing the back passes

Status
Not open for further replies.