Return of fans to stadiums to be controlled by Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the context of the recently released top level study that concluded that masks serve no purpose I think this is a bit harsh. A future autocratic government would certainly have no trouble getting you to conform to orders would it.
There is a seperate thread for silly conspiracy theories.

No fans for what, 8 months, last thing we want is to give the Government a reason to point the finger at fans gathering at matches, the slight indication of the R number going up as a result of 2000 people being in one location, so we have to do everything we can to keep those environment's safe, which includes masks. Don't forget there are only 2000 tickets, the club can easily replace right-wing idiots

Can anyone be arsed with this? What's the point in having a couple of thousand fans in a stadium? It won't magically fix the atmosphere in the ground, TV will continue to overdub crowd noise anyway and it risks spreading the virus over the winter which will be a critical period.

Seems utterly pointless to me.

I'm delighted that some fans will get to go the match now. A restricted, limited numbers of fans at the grounds should have been implemented months ago imo - it made zero sense to fully close down outdoor venues like stadiums when we could still go the supermarket/work/pubs/schools etc, and sit in enclosed spaces on top of each other (without masks at the start of this thing!)

We all knew it was another * season of not real football anyway - fans going back doesn't really change that aside from the fair play aspect, as I really think fans at the game affect outcomes and performances.

We've had two derbies at Goodison with no fans there, but now some teams will have fans in and others won't, and murder Inc can have the fans back for our visit?! Not having that it was just our bad luck on the fixtures, I'm afraid!

They will also be changing the subs rules soon enough to mess with the seasom further, as Herr shipman is still incessantly cryarsing about his "poor boys" and fixtures pileup. Stfu and get on with it you tuetonic tit - people have got much more to worry about!

This isn't really about the premier League though - a few thousand fans in with no catering/ale won't make a fig of difference to our cashflow - in fact it will probably end up costing the top flight clubs money to have fans back, but I'm still so glad they are going to do it.

I am more pleased for the lower league clubs, who hopefully this should help out financially.

I'm also delighted for any supporters of any team (yes, even the customers over the park!) - epecially those who are suffering from the effects of isolation due to lockdown and from any mental health or wellbeing issues. I hope that going to the match might help alleviate their problems, even just a little bit.

Selfishly, I also can't wait to see Hamez playing for us in the flesh, so I will be signing up for the ballot!

Can anyone be arsed with this? What's the point in having a couple of thousand fans in a stadium? It won't magically fix the atmosphere in the ground, TV will continue to overdub crowd noise anyway and it risks spreading the virus over the winter which will be a critical period.

Seems utterly pointless to me.
You're a fellow football supporter so I'm a little surprised on your thoughts.
Football supporters love watching their team play and they have often got through many hurdles to just be to attend a game and to many, being one of only 2,000 makes absolutely no difference to actually being able to be there in person.

You're a fellow football supporter so I'm a little surprised on your thoughts.
Football supporters love watching their team play and they have often got through many hurdles to just be to attend a game and to many, being one of only 2,000 makes absolutely no difference to actually being able to be there in person.
I just don't see it being a priority when the government has brought many other industries to their knees. Sticking a few thousand fans in an empty stadium is a cheap gesture that could end up ultimately extending lockdown requirements into next year, if cases start to rise again. That will be the final nail in the coffin for a lot of people's businesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.