Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be tricky this game, Leeds play fast energetic continuous attacking & their players are very fit & play with intensity they could overrun our aging & slow moving midfield if we allow them to...

We need to control the game play at our paçe take our chances be ruthless in front of goal & not give the ball away easily...

It will be a tough game & we need to be on our toes throughout the game & come away with all three points...

If we can score first I fancy us to go & win the game, however if Leeds score first it will be a real battle for us & will test our resilience & determination to maintain our great start...

I think that Leeds are pretty beatable but they play aggressively so you are going to need your goalkeeper to make a save or two and unfortunately if we start Pickford we will probably not get those saves. So I kind of think 2-2 but maybe we can just be a bit better on the day and sneak it anyway.

Keeper - don't care which one
Back 3: Holgate, Keane, Godfrey.
MF: Iwobi, Doucoure, Allen, Nkounkou
Luxury item / Fancy Dan: James.
Somebody to do luxury items running and chasing, while talking Neils through the game: Richarlson
Somebody to do Richo's running and chasing when he's covering the luxury item AND get on the end of stuff: DCL

Subs: the other keeper don't care which one, Davies, Mina, Gordon, Simms and if @Eggs digs his boots out from under the stairs he might get 15 mins.

The rest can socially distance in Timbuk-'kin- too

Sorry this is off thread (and I might even have posted it before, somewhere) but when I played for Leeds United Colts the guy who ran the Colts team was an ex first team player by the name of Harry Derbyshire. We had an important game and Mr Derbyshire told us that Raich Carter was going to give us a pre-match talk. Now Raich Carter was a very 'dapper' man. Silver haired, wore a smart camel hair overcoat with a velvet collar and white scarf. We waited with bated breath for the occasion. We were all changed and ready for battle when the big man arrived. He strode in, stopped, looked around and said 'I don't want to see any sliding tackles today. You play football on your feet not on your arse'. He turned, and was gone. I guess he couldn't have heard of this xG crap.
Teddy boy was he? I'll tell you what though, this Carter bloke knew a lot about crap sliding tackles, even then.

Keeper - Batman
Back 3: Holgate, Keane, Godfrey.
MF: Iwobi, Doucoure, Allen, Nkounkou
Luxury item / Fancy Dan: James.
Somebody to do luxury items running and chasing, while talking Niels through the game: Richarlison
Somebody to do Richo's running and chasing when he's covering the luxury item AND get on the end of stuff: DCL

Subs: the other keeper don't care which one, Davies, Mina, Gordon, Simms and if @Eggs digs his boots out from under the stairs he might get 15 mins.

The rest can socially distance in Timbuk-'kin- too

And as soon as they do, they'll fade like Homer coming in and out of the hedge...needs gif

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.