Return of fans to stadiums to be controlled by Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s good that fans can start going back but I’m not sure how the PL have allowed this situation to come about. Some clubs can have fans and revenue whilst others can’t? Amazing.

It’s good that fans can start going back but I’m not sure how the PL have allowed this situation to come about. Some clubs can have fans and revenue whilst others can’t? Amazing.

It's a government decision surely?

I get that it's possibly unfair for some teams to have home advantage to an extent and others don't. But that idea of 100% fairness went out the window last year when 29 games had fans and 9 didn't.

It's a government decision surely?

I get that it's possibly unfair for some teams to have home advantage to an extent and others don't. But that idea of 100% fairness went out the window last year when 29 games had fans and 9 didn't.

Fully agree with you I just think it’s crazy how the PL will brazenly cast aside any notion of a level playing field for cash. What if tv companies start wanting to televise only games that have some fans in for example if the restrictions drag on.

Quite an ignorant statement. I, for instance have adhered to the rules probably stricter than I've needed to throughout.

I live alone, I work from home and for the majority of the year, have seen noone, other than on video calls. My already poor mental health has taken a nosedive to the lowest it's ever been in my life.

The thought of going to the match with my dad and mates again, genuinely keeps me going. (sure, we'll lose and I'll wonder why I missed it) but to quickly tar everyone with the same brush is ignorant.

Everton has been a part of my life since the start and seeing mates and sitting with some of them and my dad, is something I cherish and miss.

Sorry but that's a ridiculous statement. None of us want to be stuck indoors and put our lives on hold while this goes on, but we have to. Come Easter a vaccine will be in mass distribution (all things being equal) and there will be light at the end of tunnel. So for the sake of a couple more months you want to potentially sacrifice yours and your friends lives by mixing with other people who you have no idea if they have adhered to the rules the last 9 months. Incredibly selfish of you and others like you who want this, and weak as hell from the govt for giving it the green light

Sorry but that's a ridiculous statement. None of us want to be stuck indoors and put our lives on hold while this goes on, but we have to. Come Easter a vaccine will be in mass distribution (all things being equal) and there will be light at the end of tunnel. So for the sake of a couple more months you want to potentially sacrifice yours and your friends lives by mixing with other people who you have no idea if they have adhered to the rules the last 9 months. Incredibly selfish of you and others like you who want this, and weak as hell from the govt for giving it the green light

2,000 people in an outdoor setting, distanced, wearing masks, having their temperature checked upon arrival represents an extremely low risk of transmission.

It’s a small very small step forward in moving towards normality and is something that should be welcomed.

If you disagree then that’s fine but don’t be shaming people that will be attending the match.

What utter pony.

Fully agree with you I just think it’s crazy how the PL will brazenly cast aside any notion of a level playing field for cash. What if tv companies start wanting to televise only games that have some fans in for example if the restrictions drag on.

Since when has it been a level playing field?
Do man utd who charge 75 per game at 75k supporters care about efc who charge 35 per game to 40k supporters?

It's not selfish to want to sit in a small distanced crowd and enjoy a game of football. It's not selfish to not want to spend all day indoors when there are things we can do responsibly. It's been a rubbish year and people just want a bit of relief.

No one is forced to go. You are 100% entitled to not want to go and I will support anyone's right not to feel pressurised into doing something they don't want to do. But calling out others for this is a strange view, why can't people just act responsibly and choose for themselves? It's not a clear cut issue, there are lots of different views on this which are valid.

Since when has it been a level playing field?
Do man utd who charge 75 per game at 75k supporters care about efc who charge 35 per game to 40k supporters?

Every club has the same opportunity to build a ground as big as they want and charge what they want. There is equality of opportunity at least, whether fans of certain geographical areas will turn up in number go pay those prices has to be taken into account by those clubs but that’s their choice. This is denying some clubs the opportunity to have fans or drive revenue whilst others have it. It’s different in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.