Return of fans to stadiums to be controlled by Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
My plan is to only apply for the West Ham game, get picked and then repeatedly scream 'SCAMDEMIC!' at the top of my lungs until I get Moyes's attention.

I'll then start belting out hearty renditions of Stuck With Moyes for as long as I can before they throw me out.

Still a flawed system system mate.

Say if Stevenage did hold 4k and instead of it being allowed 4k it would have to be less (2k) this is still one spectator every 2 seats, whereas say old Trafford holds 80k and is allowed 4k max this is one spectator every 20 seats.

Think it's more of a pilot to be perfectly honest mate, there's already talks of 10-20,000 testing in January for a cup game if Decembers return goes well.

Got to remember that this is a move to win over a lot of frustrated people, imagine the uproar if they said Old Trafford could have 40,000 for a game and there was a huge spike in Salford and surrounding areas as a result?

Play it safe, and when the results come back fine, they;ll be good to go, would be very surprised (providing nothing goes wrong) if Goodison isn't hosting 15,000 by March.

It's why a Ballot is genuinely never a fair outcome.

I said right at the beginning of this thread, they should have put out, a "What if?" form, so to speak, in the event if we got to return. Throw everyone's name into a database, and rotate who goes to the game based off order on the spreadsheet. That way when a return is announced, the club are ready to roll, and you will be allocated your games.

First 4,000 on the list (based on 20,000 opting in), would get games 1,5,9,14,19 and so on. That way, people are getting allocated with friends and family and it's fairly balanced. No one can Cherry pick their games, WBA at home or Liverpool at home, it doesn't matter, thats your lot.

A ballot system opens up the possibility (however small) of one person being successful for every game, and another not being successful full stop.

i wouldnt lose any sleep over this,the best case scenario is we ll be in tier 2 until march,
which means 2000 tickets.
by the time players,officials,staff,hangers on and bills mates take their cut,there wont be any left anyway!
catering wont be opening to stop queues forming.
wouldnt be suprised if the few tickets available are for liverpool postcodes only,no chance they will encourage fans to travel from tier 3 areas in lockdown!
just hope for a vaccine by easter and we might get backin for a couple of games at the end of the season!

Personally don’t think ballot is the right way, you’re gonna get some who are lucky get get 4/5 games and some who are unlucky who make every game.

Personally feel an opt in service would be sound. If we were allowed 5,000 per game and we had had 20,000 who opted in, I’d just random generate the first 5,000 and so on, and keep rotating that way.

In a hypothetical season where we could have went to every game that means 3/4 get 5 games in the season and just 5,000 get 4 games.

A ballot has never been a fair way to do it.
Isn't what you just described a ballot?

Think it's more of a pilot to be perfectly honest mate, there's already talks of 10-20,000 testing in January for a cup game if Decembers return goes well.

Got to remember that this is a move to win over a lot of frustrated people, imagine the uproar if they said Old Trafford could have 40,000 for a game and there was a huge spike in Salford and surrounding areas as a result?

Play it safe, and when the results come back fine, they;ll be good to go, would be very surprised (providing nothing goes wrong) if Goodison isn't hosting 15,000 by March.
I think this will be part of the plan. incremental increases over the coming months, assuming things steadily improve. We’re not going to go from 2000 one game, to 40000 the next.

I’m a season ticket holder but I miss most games as I work away. My mate uses my ticket while I’m gone.
Season ticket holder or not, I’d rather see a father and son attend instead of me if they attend all games each season.
As much as I’m dying to see Goodison again I’ll wait until next season if it means those who go to every game get a chance to see one or two this season.
Im not trying to be nice either, I’m a Blue, it’s what we do.

I’m a season ticket holder but I miss most games as I work away. My mate uses my ticket while I’m gone.
Season ticket holder or not, I’d rather see a father and son attend instead of me if they attend all games each season.
As much as I’m dying to see Goodison again I’ll wait until next season if it means those who go to every game get a chance to see one or two this season.
Im not trying to be nice either, I’m a Blue, it’s what we do.
Well said, great attitude.

The RS are starting at Sven, and working their way upwards.

1606332831936.png

Status
Not open for further replies.