Return of fans to stadiums to be controlled by Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember going to a game at Goodison in the Simod cup against Millwall, the attendance was something like 3,000.
I didn't go to the infamous cushion throwing, Kendall Out, Coventry game which was about 13,000. Was at a midweek match v Leeds in 82 which was about 17,000 Which was a third of the capacity back then. Pretty dour.

We won 1-0 though. Screamer by Sharpy.

Loads of games back then were half empty, anyone remember the full members cup against i think Charlton, really sparse crowd and we lost on pens.
Oh yes remember it going to pens we were in the st end but we decided to watch the pens in the upper bullens for laugh so we legged it up there ,that cup competition was so cack lol

22k there was at that Bucharest game mate.

Lowest I've seen is 10k in the league against Southampton the day Kendall resigned and I can't remember the cup game now but there was under 5k. I'm sure it was against Hull or Millwall. Mike Stowell was either in goal for us or the opposition so must have been around 1989/91
Don’t know why I thought it was lower than that. Certainly felt like it was!

The lowest I think I’ve been in then was the 17,431 we got when we were beaten 5-1 at home by Atalanta in the Europa League.

I’ll be taking part just for the novelty of it.

Although I’am enjoying all this money I’m getting back off my ticket so I’ll be happy not to be selected.

Hospitality and the 20+ aways will be getting picked.

So because I go to every away game, means I get priority over a lad/girl who can’t afford to do that, as they have a young family?

do think they’ll be loading up on hospitality though.

Not a chance they are prioritising away going fans more.

It is this and it will help, however...

If your allowed say 4k in your stadium, on one hand you have a 80k seater say old Trafford with 4k fans spread out or you have say Stevenage with a 4k stadium with 4k attending, both technically abiding to the rules but you can see how flawed it is.

Think a few have missed this.

The set up for the new rules is

Tier one: 4K or 50% whichever is lower.
Tier two: 2k or 50% which ever is lower.
Tier three: no spectators.

so if Stevenage ground holds 4,000 they’d only be allowed 2k and so on.

Think a few have missed this.

The set up for the new rules is

Tier one: 4K or 50% whichever is lower.
Tier two: 2k or 50% which ever is lower.
Tier three: no spectators.

so if Stevenage ground holds 4,000 they’d only be allowed 2k and so on.
Still a flawed system system mate.

Say if Stevenage did hold 4k and instead of it being allowed 4k it would have to be less (2k) this is still one spectator every 2 seats, whereas say old Trafford holds 80k and is allowed 4k max this is one spectator every 20 seats.

I didn't go to the infamous cushion throwing, Kendall Out, Coventry game which was about 13,000. Was at a midweek match v Leeds in 82 which was about 17,000 Which was a third of the capacity back then. Pretty dour.

We won 1-0 though. Screamer by Sharpy.
Thought we’d done away with projectile cushions by the time Kendall arrived? Remember them during Lee’s era.

Taken from email to ST holders :

Over the coming weeks – and as there is greater clarity relating to the return of fans to stadiums - the Club will be sharing further information with you to explain the ballot process for ticket allocation for fixtures. This ballot process will provide fair and equitable access to the limited tickets available for each fixture and will be structured to ensure a fair distribution of tickets across all league fixtures at which fan attendance will be possible. This process will also ensure family and friend groups will not be split up when allocated tickets for fixtures.

The plan being developed by the Club is based on consultation with various fan groups. Season Ticket Members will be required to opt-in to each ballot for each available fixture. This will ensure each match ballot will made up only of Season Ticket Members able and willing to attend that specific fixture.

Each ballot will only be open to 2020/21 Season Ticket Members and there will be no match-by-match ticket sales for fixtures whilst there is a reduced capacity at Goodison Park.

In preparation for this process - and to help ensure Season Ticket Members can attend matches with their friends and family - the Club is asking all fans to review and update, if necessary, their personal details and contact information. It is vital that you have a valid address registered with the Club to enter the ballot and receive tickets.

It is also important this information is up to date, as it will enable the Club to fulfil the requirements of the Government’s Track and Trace system when fans are permitted into stadiums once again.

UNQUOTE

Personally, I’d go back to a full stadium today, but I accept that’s not going to happen.
I will opt in for every game.

Don’t want some fanny who’s afraid of covid for the West Brom game, but suddenly OK for the derby to get preference.
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.