2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will he play in the 23s until they feel his fully ready ?
Honestly I would take it incredibly slowly with him this time. I wouldn't even have him pencilled in to be part of the first team until he's been back training properly for months. Another setback at this stage could genuinely be the end of his career, it would almost certainly be the end of his career with us.

Honestly I would take it incredibly slowly with him this time. I wouldn't even have him pencilled in to be part of the first team until he's been back training properly for months. Another setback at this stage could genuinely be the end of his career, it would almost certainly be the end of his career with us.
Im exited to see what he brings as a player, but this is spot on. No gambles with his fitness this time. He needs to be fully rehabilitated and match fit before he‘s even considered To play for the first team.

He is already training he's just not been with the team much if at all. I imagine 2 weeks is CA saying that he'll be ready for selection / mixing in again, not just restarting kicking a ball.

But yes, you are absolutely right, no need to rush him in to anything.

Gonna be honest, he is boss after one year of training in FIFA, so here’s hoping he’s health and video games mirror real life

Im exited to see what he brings as a player, but this is spot on. No gambles with his fitness this time. He needs to be fully rehabilitated and match fit before he‘s even considered To play for the first team.
Me Too. Him and Robin will be vital players for us over the festive season.

Got a bad feeling his body will be absolutely shot from these injuries and you'll see no burst of pace after that thigh injury he suffered.

Could well be a £25 million write off but fingers crossed we see him in on the pitch come the middle of December when the games are coming thick and fast as we will need to use the squad to rotate.

Ease him in over the Christmas period.

We need to rotate in that time as it is.

It's frustrating as if we're to play 4-3-3 we need him to be in there or for Gomes to refind his form, but it's better to be patient.

I really hope that when Philippe Gbamin does eventually return for us, all his injury woes will remain a thing of the past and he can get on with his (hopefully successful) Everton career.

Just have no expectations for him, i think is the best solution.

If everyone expects a world beater, then we're going to be going down the Schneiderlin booing route before the seasons out.

Been out for 18-months, expect a few games before he gets up to pace, at whatever standard he'll be at.

Just have no expectations for him, i think is the best solution.

If everyone expects a world beater, then we're going to be going down the Schneiderlin booing route before the seasons out.

Been out for 18-months, expect a few games before he gets up to pace, at whatever standard he'll be at.

To be honest, I never expect any player we sign to be a world-beater; I'll just be happy for the lad if he can move on from his injuries and eventually start playing for us in some capacity. Personally, when he's fit to play again, I'd like to see him given a bit of a run out for our U23s to help bring him up to speed. It's not like Everton are in desperate need to crowbar the lad into the team, so we can take it slowly with him.

I really hope that when Philippe Gbamin does eventually return for us, all his injury woes will remain a thing of the past and he can get on with his (hopefully successful) Everton career.
He was supposed to be quite a player too, would be like a "new signing"

If he did find fitness and form it would be a massive boost. That would leave us needing to strengthen at RB, GK and someone who can play on the wings with pace as an alternative to Rodriguez and Richarlison.

Status
Not open for further replies.