2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you watch the first half?

Yes mate, I watched all of the game.

@Nymzee, having watched the game over I feel I was a bit unfair on Richarlison, who did more than I originally gave him credit for. Also, I thought his reaction to Fulhams' first goal was brilliant; wish some of the other lads would show that type of frustration and disappointment.

Best moment yesterday was when FULHAM scored. He punched the ground in anger.
Winner mentality. Trust me rare as rocking horse sh!te at this club in recent years.
He’s got it in spades hasn’t he?

I used to think he was a bit of a narky tit.
And he defo is on the pitch, proper snarler, absolutely hates losing, being substituted, or even losing the ball.

But judging by how much he engages with the fans on social media and some of the stuff he does off the pitch he seems like a proper decent lad.

He's contacted until end of June 2024 so there is no rush to offer him a new deal.

He made it clear at the start of the season that he'd been persuaded to 'stay one more year' by Carlo and I think that spoke volumes; if it wasn't Carlo we brought in he'd have probably have asked to leave because there wouldn't have been the investment and expectation we've had with Carlo.

But he wants more and knows that bigger clubs will be in for him. At a minimum, I think, we'll need Europa League to keep him this season. Maybe even James, too.

If we achieve that I'd be looking at extended deals for the pair of them - an extra year to 2025 for Richi and until 2023 for James.

If we fail that then I think we'll lose the both of them. Possibly even if we finish outside of the top four.

It was a joy to get him back on sunday. I love his attitude and hard work in the team which is something we lack when he is out the team. He will be world class one day in the royal blue.

This lad is class isn't he. Just needs to add goals to his game. Difficult to ask him to play with such ferocious intensity one minute, and then to cool himself and stay calm in front of net the next. Being able to temper that will come with age.
But if he is class he should be able to be calm in front of the net, three very good chances he failed to convert yesterday, one he completely miskicked, another passed it into the ‘keepers hand when he should have blasted it past him, the third one was when he made the chance for himself by bamboozling three players brilliantly but wasted the shot by placing it too close to the goalie with the whole goal to aim at, we are better with him in the team and he has a few assists this season but missed more than a few good chances and my heart was in my mouth when he took the penalty v Palace with that hooky run up taking it!!

How is our best player on page 3 ?

Nice article

Best moment yesterday was when FULHAM scored. He punched the ground in anger.
Winner mentality. Trust me rare as rocking horse sh!te at this club in recent years.
It’s weird because you’d think that persona comes by default if you are the type of character to make a millionaire out of yourself by drive yourself to the top level of football amongst all the fierce competition.

All round player this lad, he will cost someone a fortune, hopefully that will put teams off in the current climate like Utd and Sancho, get another season out of him with any luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.