2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely think he looked like a player when he wasn't under pressure and had acres of space. Makes me wonder if it's confidence or a slow footballing brain with him.
I don't think it is either. He's a good but not great player so when the team is functioning and getting him the ball in good areas he can take advantage and when it isn't and his only service is passes from the fullback while pinned to the touchline he can't.

I don't think it is either. He's a good but not great player so when the team is functioning and getting him the ball in good areas he can take advantage and when it isn't and his only service is passes from the fullback while pinned to the touchline he can't.
I could understand that but multiple times today he had room to run and instead offered a tame ball behind where DCL was running when the fullback ran at him. It was maybe an instruction from Carlo to look for these passes. Showed he can play when in space today though which isn't bad considering some of the performances he's had. I hope he can keep going.

Here’s a (strange) thought. With his hair tied back he looked a completely different (better) player. Maybe being able to see makes a difference?!
Anyway and way more seriously, nice to see him put a performance in, more please Alex.

He was good first half. Was diabolical when under pressure in the second - kept giving it away.

I think people are saying he was fantastic simply because he was coming from such low levels of baseline performance.

And here's the thing - no matter how good he was today, he'll be crap next game, so it doesn't matter.

1606060767641.png

Bit more of that 1st half display from him, and he will be a decent option at rwb/rm.

The big if is whether we get more of the iwobi of today, or the iwobbly of the last few games in his next showings!

Victor Moses played a similar role for Chelsea and excelled in it. Alex is still never a starter for me out wide, but 3rd forward off the bench and RWB are two positions he has shown promise in.

Status
Not open for further replies.